The Cavaliers 2019

The brass is incredible.  They're are doing some subtle things that are really making them stand out to my ears.  Some incredibly tasteful tapering, shaping, etc. going on there.  This show is awesome, probably my 2nd favorite that I saw live.  Just keep doing what you're doing, scores are headed in the right direction.  

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Drumcorpslife1 said:

Ended up at cavies rehearsal today on accident (went to the show site in our uber instead of a different corps housing site of whom I shall not name) and fell in love with the cavaliers. I’ve always liked them but being at their practice was eye opening to how hard they work and how nice of people they are. Had me rooting for them tonight and maybe a cavies fan for the rest of the season/life. Interesting how things work out. Was in line after the show for the necessary whataburger and a cavalier let me go ahead of him. Good kids, good staff. Love to see it. I think they gained a new fan tonight.

Goooooooood. Welcome to the kelly green side!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drumcorpslife1 said:

Was in line after the show for the necessary whataburger and a cavalier let me go ahead of him. 

Even the Cavaliers endorse Whataburger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have worked out a housing/rehearsal site for this coming Monday, July 29.  The Cavaliers will be rehearsing at Rock Ridge High School in Ashburn, VA this coming Monday.  Thanks to all that helped to get this last minute need resolved.  A special thanks to the band director at Rock Ridge for moving so quickly on this one.

Having seen the corps perform in Texas this past weekend, I look forward to seeing them back here in Virginia before they move on to the Annapolis, MD show on Tuesday.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man, the more I watch this show, the more I fall in love with it. I will mention that it took me until now to realize that the battery at the very end is supposed to resemble an approaching steam engine train. Genius. This show is very underrated. I cannot wait to see them in Indy!

• Like 5

I had a dream last night that I created an exact,  fully functional replica of Doc Browns time machine. So I traveled 10 years into the future and The Cavaliers won 8 championships and two silver medals. That dream was so good that it reminded me of my first mesquite smoked brisket. Not to toot my horn, but that brisket was incredibly good. A little dry (not THAT dry though), but for my first time it was absolutely delicious. It was also served with bacon beans and Mac n' cheese.... delicious! Lol

Oh and they won 6 brass trophies 🙂

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I had a dream last night that I created an exact,  fully functional replica of Doc Browns time machine. So I traveled 10 years into the future and The Cavaliers won 8 championships and two silver medals. That dream was so good that it reminded me of my first mesquite smoked brisket. Not to toot my horn, but that brisket was incredibly good. A little dry (not THATA dry though), but for my first time it was absolutely delicious. It was also served with bacon beans and Mac n' cheese.... delicious! Lol

Oh and they won 6 brass trophies 🙂

Stop drinking all that Dr. Brown's elixir!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Hey @xandandl... I appreciate the nice mail message you sent. I wrote a rather lengthy reply, that every time I hit submit, I get a 403 Forbidden Page Error! I didn’t want to seem ungrateful for your awesome message. But DCP is holding me hostage! 

My account was hacked by some Cal-leaning rodent. Unfortunately the bill collectors and robocalls still get through.  I will clear my inbox soon I hope. Thanks

• Haha 1