The Cavaliers 2019

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

One more time guys.... 

Can I get a Splooie?!? Lol

Splooie!

• Thanks 1

Wonderful run by the boys tonight. Couldn’t have ended on a better note. I sat next to two Cavaliers fans in which one was a wearing Frameworks shirt and the other was wearing a 2001 shirt. I kindly thanked the heavens that I was lucky enough to sit next to two drum corps veterans. 

Anyways, I may have been the only one that noticed that one of the barrel props was left on side 1 inside the 10 yard line for the entire show. It made me so nervous when I noticed it, because I knew someone made a small mistake and I was afraid that it was going to get left on accident. Thankfully, a staff member ran over and picked it up immediately following the performance  

The crowd LOVED the show. I couldn’t help but give a standing O when their ballad hit was finished. One of the best moments of the entire show, IMO. 

I’ll take 5th place overall (not to mention beating the now 19x World Champion in brass!!!). I am so excited for 2020 already. A medal isn’t out of the question...

I’ll see y’all on the 2020 thread sooner or later. 🙂

• Like 1

Just can't say enough about these guys and their perseverance through the season. I was hopeful, but more than a little skeptical of the Cavaliers' chances of some real success in June on the California tour, but by San Antonio, they had won me over big time and by prelims I was a downright homer.  You fought through a difficult year, young men starting with the loss of your patriarch. You battled and earned your way into many fan's hearts. Thank you for being the Cavaliers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Watched some performances of the 2019 show on YT, and I am kind mesmerized by the first several seconds of that opening drill. It's complicated. Or maybe sophisticated. Almost in BITD Cavies way. I don't recall seeing much mention or discussion of it here on DCP, though.

I think some details of what was going on there might have gotten a bit loss in the noise of the uniform colors and design.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Watched some performances of the 2019 show on YT, and I am kind mesmerized by the first several seconds of that opening drill. It's complicated. Or maybe sophisticated. Almost in BITD Cavies way. I don't recall seeing much mention or discussion of it here on DCP, though.

I think some details of what was going on there might have gotten a bit loss in the noise of the uniform colors and design.

said positively, it would be expressed in critique as "the layering of complexity and nuance."

Edited by xandandl

• 1 month later...

Didn’t want to start a new topic, but the Cavaliers officially announced today that the entire design team will be returning for 2020. I know Kevin will be holding brass auditions in Japan and he is definitely a major part of next years team although not a part of the design staff.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Didn’t want to start a new topic, but the Cavaliers officially announced today that the entire design team will be returning for 2020. I know Kevin will be holding brass auditions in Japan and he is definitely a major part of next years team as well although not a part of the design staff.

trying to nail him down to one spot at one time for a design meeting might be the problem: Mr. Constantly on the go-san.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

trying to nail him down to one spot at one time for a design meeting might be the problem: Mr. Constantly on the go-san.

You might be right. The man has more energy in his pinky than I have in my whole body.  

• Like 1