The Cavaliers 2019

Have a great yr.ahead, Hook 'em.!

• Like 1

I've been thrilled by the shows the last three years.

Am also thinking Propaganda through On Madness... kind of look a lot a like. I wouldn't mind seeing something different in 2019.

But then also, I wouldn't mind The Cavies repeating any of those past three shows.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, mjoakes said:

Propaganda through On Madness

The Reefer Madness Marijuana Misinformation Propaganda Campaign in the 1930’s - what a hoot, right up the Cavies Alley

Dear Evan Hansen The Musical  - the overwhelming feeling of the need to belong, Dear Evan Hansen has become a bridge of communication between parents and children. Great Social Issue showcases an all-male corps in a positive light like you always do..

Edited by Bluzes
add
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wouldn’t mind seeing them do a non gender specific show like SCV has done the last two years. Think they would have done well with a show design like Babylon or Ouroboros.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

HONESTLY? I hope they get a new arranger. The "arranger by waring blender" of the last couple seasons has gotten very old, very quick

Think of 1992 Cavaliers. Music! With a beginning, a middle and an end. In 2019 I'm hoping fewer songs

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

HONESTLY? I hope they get a new arranger. The "arranger by waring blender" of the last couple seasons has gotten very old, very quick

Think of 1992 Cavaliers. Music! With a beginning, a middle and an end. In 2019 I'm hoping fewer songs

Not sure if it’s arranger or design choices, but agree. Hoping for less mash-ups next season, although I definitely appreciated the Bolero theme throughout this year. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing them do a non gender specific show like SCV has done the last two years.

Wow, now I know what to look for in a show. Seriously I am trying to stay up with all these gender issues but didn't get that is what they were up to till now. So what does non-gender specific mean? Why not give the Cavies credit for the Borg show was that non-gender specific?

It puzzles me after following Star Tek trying to be as open and fair that they were towards all species, using that in my management style that worked out great for me. The Borg is now the species of choice (them Cavies), what am I missing?

37 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Wow, now I know what to look for in a show. Seriously I am trying to stay up with all these gender issues but didn't get that is what they were up to till now. So what does non-gender specific mean? Why not give the Cavies credit for the Borg show was that non-gender specific?

It puzzles me after following Star Tek trying to be as open and fair that they were towards all species, using that in my management style that worked out great for me. The Borg is now the species of choice (them Cavies), what am I missing?

Basically I was referring to a show that does not need a particular reference to either male or female or masculinity/femininity for it to succeed. If you watch SCV the past two seasons it wouldn’t of mattered if the show was performed by all men or all women, the design itself was successful without relying on these roles. Not sure how to explain it, but basically for lack of a better term it’s an “asexual” show. 

Cavies recent shows have played off of (or joked) about these roles. For example: the “dude/bro” section from Men are from Mars, the colorful ending from this years show, the whole militaristic design of Propaganda.

Modern takes of Shows they did in the past like Four Corners/Frameworks/Spin Cycle. Shows that have a beginning/middle and end without telling a story would be good examples of what I could see them being successful with.

Edited by GREENBLUE