The Cavaliers 2019

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have just witnessed the first full run through!

This show has a ton of potential and should be a monster when it gets clean.

The field is much more clean propwise than in in the past couple of years and the brass sounds more mature as well.

Speaking if the brass, they have some very tasty licks. There are some phasing issues to be ironed out but I am sure that will be worked out soon enough.

And there are some great brass soloists as well as some really good screamers. 

Drums are solid and I especially enjoyed the pit.

Guard is filling the air with high flying silks and weapons.

This show seems to be an evolution from the past couple of years.. 

Well done Caviies!

Well if you ask me, this sounds great, considering they’re from the wrong side of the tracks!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have just witnessed the first full run through!

This show has a ton of potential and should be a monster when it gets clean.

The field is much more clean propwise than in in the past couple of years and the brass sounds more mature as well.

Speaking if the brass, they have some very tasty licks. There are some phasing issues to be ironed out but I am sure that will be worked out soon enough.

And there are some great brass soloists as well as some really good screamers. 

Drums are solid and I especially enjoyed the pit.

Guard is filling the air with high flying silks and weapons.

This show seems to be an evolution from the past couple of years.. 

Well done Caviies!

SCREAMERS! Woo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of those screamers is a former student.  Get it, Austin!

• Like 3

Not trying to start a controversy, but I have a legit question. I understand that "wrong side of the tracks" may have different connotations for different people, generations, cultures, etc. I also understand that for some there is a connection to Grand Theft Auto. Does the phrase not come from making a distinction between classes of people? Poor versus not-poor? Lesser people versus elevated people? Specifically, I know the phrase to indicate a racial divide. Not for one second do I think Cavaliers is trying to provoke negative social  or class distinction feelings or behaviors, but I am curious is there was ever mention that the show title may be difficult for some to get past. Yes, they can show us through the production components what they think the production title means. Am I the only one having this reaction to the show title? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, derbydawg said:

Not trying to start a controversy, but I have a legit question. I understand that "wrong side of the tracks" may have different connotations for different people, generations, cultures, etc. I also understand that for some there is a connection to Grand Theft Auto. Does the phrase not come from making a distinction between classes of people? Poor versus not-poor? Lesser people versus elevated people? Specifically, I know the phrase to indicate a racial divide. Not for one second do I think Cavaliers is trying to provoke negative social  or class distinction feelings or behaviors, but I am curious is there was ever mention that the show title may be difficult for some to get past. Yes, they can show us through the production components what they think the production title means. Am I the only one having this reaction to the show title? 

A description along with the show title would have gone a long way in dispelling any questions. 

Edited by Brian Tuma

48 minutes ago, derbydawg said:

I agree completely, and I think it's a surprising (perhaps even tone deaf) choice.

• Like 1

Not just you. I'm pretty shocked. Like you said, they can show it means over coming hard times, or a band hand dealt, or poverty, but all that still seems to some from what the title evokes, those "other" people, those ones over there that are lesser than us. Could not mean this at all and be a show about trains? Based on the video released, probably not.  

My thoughts exactly when I first saw the title. I can list places in America where this still exists in 2019. 

I know they weren't going for this, but nowadays you can never be too safe. 

It may pass over the heads of most people, but some may take it the wrong way. 

Edited by Mac13

Absolutely not. Honestly, the trailer gives us very little about their show. While I think the title is really cool, there is no telling what the show is actually about. 

2 hours ago, derbydawg said:

Good post, and thanks for making it. I don't suspect any negative intentions of The Cavaliers, and am pretty happy to trust the folks in charge. (I'd be surprised if the leadership hadn't much earlier discussed it.) Still, it's a hyper-sensitive culture out here, and so I think it's fine to raise an eyebrow given we only know the title.