Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

I personally don't know Monte Mast, so I can't say he's done anything in particular to earn my trust. I just know how Fielder ran the organization and we can all agree it hasn't been the same since. 

I gotcha. I am the other way around. I was a student in the Klein ISD school district and he did wonderful things. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being honest I'm perplexed by how low scoring this show has been but then again I'm not a trained and tenured DCI judge. 

What I can say is that this is definitely my 2nd favorite show of the season easily. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Being honest I'm perplexed by how low scoring this show has been but then again I'm not a trained and tenured DCI judge. 

What I can say is that this is definitely my 2nd favorite show of the season easily. 

The ballad alone is worth the price of admission.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Terri Schehr said:

The ballad alone is worth the price of admission.  

Agreed! Not to mention the pacing of the entire show is near perfection. Just big moment after big moment 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Being honest I'm perplexed by how low scoring this show has been but then again I'm not a trained and tenured DCI judge. 

What I can say is that this is definitely my 2nd favorite show of the season easily. 

Agree. I like this show much better than their previous three, this brass line and percussion are bang on and tight. I think Cavaliers are better than Crown right now, though Boston has a better “show.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Being honest I'm perplexed by how low scoring this show has been but then again I'm not a trained and tenured DCI judge. 

What I can say is that this is definitely my 2nd favorite show of the season easily. 

They put in some pretty serious rewriting on their 6 days off. It’s not clean yet. They lost a little time in California to the other top tier corps early in the season. 

This show still has legs...and I expect a run for them in score regardless of placement. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Agree. I like this show much better than their previous three, this brass line and percussion are bang on and tight. I think Cavaliers are better than Crown right now, though Boston has a better “show.”

Cavaliers in Cali were more entertaining to the majority in attendance then Vanguard, yet the scores showed otherwise. Also like both Cavaliers and Boston artistic direction too over Crowns sterile approach to visual design. But again the scores show otherwise. Broken Arrow is the show that determines what tier they’re all in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

They put in some pretty serious rewriting on their 6 days off. It’s not clean yet. They lost a little time in California to the other top tier corps early in the season. 

This show still has legs...and I expect a run for them in score regardless of placement. 

That's good to hear. Serious question: would the show be just as good in corps proper or was the move away from real uniforms necessary for the show to be as good as it is? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the show would be fine in classic uniforms.

They've made some changes to the show that are dirty, and I'm not a huge fan of the current marching style, but it is supposed to have cleaned the feet. Everyone complaining about the old marching style got their wish...

I'm not completely sold on the visual package, but the show is wonderful and emotional.

They'll bloom later in the season.

Hornline is wonderful.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.