The Cavaliers 2019

They jumped one, now they are on the tail of another. .And it is even possible they could jump even a third for a medal. Go Cavies. I can feel a history making event about to happen in DCI.

Edited by dureau
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dureau said:

They jumped one, now they are on the tail of another. .And it is even possible they could jump even a third for a medal. Go Cavies. I can feel a history making event about to happen in DCI.

I believe that they can do it. If the corps keeps cleaning that visual aspect of the show, the sky is the limit. 

• Like 1

The men have been settled in and sleeping for a few hours here in Northern Virginia.  I'm looking forward to the open rehearsal this afternoon/evening at Rock Ridge High School in Ashburn, VA.  Many of my former students are planning to attend this rehearsal as well.  What a great day to have them here in the area after the placement last night.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The men have been settled in and sleeping for a few hours here in Northern Virginia.  I'm looking forward to the open rehearsal this afternoon/evening at Rock Ridge High School in Ashburn, VA.  Many of my former students are planning to attend this rehearsal as well.  What a great day to have them here in the area after the placement last night.

Wish I was still in the area, I had to head back to Richmond for school so will miss this 

4 hours ago, dureau said:

I talked to one of the Drum Majors ( nope, not MY Drum Major) at the Atlanta housing location. From our conversation, I can tell the Corps is loose and happy (albeit a little tired)  and just happy to go out and throw down and let the judges do what they will. They are clearly playing to perform for the audience first. It's working. My biggest chillbumps from the Atlanta show wasn't from action on the field...it was seeing a video of the MM's in the tunnel BEFORE they went on the field. This is the 3rd edition of the Cavaliers I've spent a lot of time around ( 2017 and 2018 being the others) and this crew has a tangible "IT" factor. It's undeniable. They are performing with a "nothing to lose" attitude. I look for a fun final 2 weeks...regardless of placement. You can bet they are going to bring the house down in Indy. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I talked to one of the Drum Majors ( nope, not MY Drum Major) at the Atlanta housing location. From our conversation, I can tell the Corps is loose and happy (albeit a little tired)  and just happy to go out and throw down and let the judges do what they will. They are clearly playing to perform for the audience first. It's working. My biggest chillbumps from the Atlanta show wasn't from action on the field...it was seeing a video of the MM's in the tunnel BEFORE they went on the field. This is the 3rd edition of the Cavaliers I've spent a lot of time around ( 2017 and 2018 being the others) and this crew has a tangible "IT" factor. It's undeniable. They are performing with a "nothing to lose" attitude. I look for a fun final 2 weeks...regardless of placement. You can bet they are going to bring the house down in Indy. 

Any surprises/known changes in store for the last two weeks?