The Cavaliers 2019

Something rather fitting happened tonight. 

As I was in the Convention Center for warmup lots (warmups were moved there due to rain), the Cavaliers walked in from their buses with a train going in the background. I couldn’t think of a better or more fitting way to send the boys into Finals week. Let’s go!!

• Like 4

YAAASSS Cavies!!

• Like 1

The Cavaliers finally "Hook-Em'd" me  last night into unapologetic Cavalier homerism. I've liked them this year and then a little more and finally last night the boys won me over with one of the most inspired performances I think I've ever seen. That brass, that ballad, holey mother of pearl. Just an electric performance. 

Popcorneater -  How weird is it, I was actually thinking about you last night thinking, my gosh, he's got to be beaming with pride.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Screw the judges, screw the scores and screw the placements.... The Cavaliers have the best show this year. I am thrilled for them! Knock'em dead tonight Cavies!

I saw Cavies show for first time last night at Prelims.  That ending! Best ending of the night- I love when the guard is chucking rifles all over the fIeld over the closing chord- what a cool moment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Guitar1974 said:

I saw Cavies show for first time last night at Prelims.  That ending! Best ending of the night- I love when the guard is chucking rifles all over the fIeld over the closing chord- what a cool moment!

The show is designed so well... everything is thought out and executed with extreme professionalism

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

The show is designed so well... everything is thought out and executed with extreme professionalism

As far as an end-to-end, cohesive, even moving, show, I don’t think anything tops what The Cavaliers have this year. The other shows - so many good performances - are frenetic circuses in comparison.

But circuses seem to score GE and visual points.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

As far as an end-to-end, cohesive, even moving, show, I don’t think anything tops what The Cavaliers have this year. The other shows - so many good performances - are frenetic circuses in comparison.

But circuses seem to score GE and visual points.

It is up to The Cavaliers to change that. It may or may not happen.... but I am a hopeful son of a gun. 

• Like 1

Absolutely loved their show last night.  It sounded and looked even better than it did in Allentown.   These words bring to mind their show:  Energy, precision, passion, and confidence.  Loved everything coming out of those horns from start to finish.

I have no idea why they aren't scoring better this year!  I think this could easily have been a top three show, and I don't say that lightly (coming from a BD guy). 

So many great shows this year, and the Cavies definitely have one of them!  Loving this season of Drum Corps!  So many deserving corps this year, those kids are leaving everything out on the field! 

It's going to be a photo finish!

Edited by Drum Corps Guy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cavies, you made me proud last night! SO good! 

• Thanks 1