Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

6 hours ago, TRacer said:

When my kid called me last night from the Indy airport (at 2:30 AM Indy time :ohmy:) he wearily mentioned that after 3 years in SCVC he has his sights set on being a part of that 2019 A-corps effort. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I can imagine. There were several of the cadets at the end of season Brunch that had the same thought. You could see their faces light up when Directors asked about who might move to A corp. 

• 2 weeks later...

With the success of the Cadet Corps the last few seasons, how many of them move up to the A Corps? Will this mean a dynasty for SCV?

On 8/12/2018 at 9:17 PM, ZachDrumCorps said:

Suggestion: Go listen to the Peter Gabriel cover album Scratch My Back. It's where the 2018 ballad My Body is a Cage comes from. 

If they adapted Apres Moi, from the same album, next year, or even used the original by Regina Spektor, that would be spectacular.

Blue Knights already did a spectacular version of Apres Moi in 2015.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2018 at 7:10 PM, Jeffe77 said:

With the success of the Cadet Corps the last few seasons, how many of them move up to the A Corps? Will this mean a dynasty for SCV?

Speaking of SCV Cadets... reports are they will not tour outside of Calif in 2019. Thats a shame, if the rumors are accurate.. Its the 1st time they have opted to do this in many years.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Speaking of SCV Cadets... reports are they will not tour outside of Calif in 2019. Thats a shame, if the rumors are accurate.. Its the 1st time they have opted to do this in many years.

Not a rumor. Both SCV and BD have posted announcements on their websites that SCV Cadets and Blue Devils B will be touring only in California in 2019.

4 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Not a rumor. Both SCV and BD have posted announcements on their websites that SCV Cadets and Blue Devils B will be touring only in California in 2019.

Yes.. I was waiting for their official announcements to move it from rumor to reality. What prompted this decision ? Something changed, as both Corps have traveled to Indy the last few years... and both placed well there. What happened ?

Edited by BRASSO

There is active discussion and speculation going on in the Open Class forum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes.. I was waiting for their official announcements to move it from rumor to reality. What prompted this decision ? Something changed, as both Corps have traveled to Indy the last few years... and both placed well there. What happened ?

Must be those big salaries the mismanagers get. RIP

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Just a guess here but it starts with M and ends with Y and includes ONE. Plus there is a robust and competitive CA/West Coast Only pseudo OC circuit that is just about as competitive and the OC at Indy.  If they put some effort into building that instead of spending hundreds of thousands to travel nationally we could see MORE corps spring up as opposed to over extending and flaming out after a few years.

• Like 1