Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

True, Mr. B., but there is much that SCV doesn't talk publicly about or allow to see the light of day, matters that dissembled some other corps recently and handicapped others.   Interesting that there has been almost none public discussion, at least on these boards, of  the movement out of several key faculty over the winter (great pick-ups for others) just as there was almost no public discussion of previous admins and why they were no longer there.  It's not just the overage revelations which prove the SCV spin on difficult situations has a unique niche in the activity when it comes to public discussions on these forums and similar, just saying.

I suppose maybe thats perhaps a factor too.... I just don't know. You raise some interesting points with this, and I did not miss your subtle reference about what you are referring to here either, and it is rather curious at the least... Its true, SCV really does not have much discussion on here, but not much on any of the other social media out there it seems either. That said, discussion is down for ALL Corps, imo, as that is precisely what all the DCI Corps want in the off season, and are indeed receiving at the moment..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I suppose maybe thats perhaps a factor too.... I just don't know. You raise some interesting points with this, and I did not miss your subtle reference about what you are referring to here either, and it is rather curious at the least... Its true, SCV really does not have much discussion on here, but not much on any of the other social media out there it seems either. That said, discussion is down for ALL Corps, imo, as that is precisely what all the DCI Corps want in the off season, and are indeed receiving at the moment..

Well given the lack of news, one would think excellence would be easier to achieve for what they do let out. Evidently not.

But another past contender (not SCV) has put excellence out to pasture and being precise out the window with the new visuals no longer being drill, costumes no longer being uniforms, and tics no longer mattering in scoring.  Take their official schedule on their own website for example:

1) Sioux is misspelled twice, 2) Rapid City and Mt. Rushmore should be in SOUTH Dakota (not North), and 3) DCI Minneapolis is not in Minnesota for 2019 but now being held at Menomonie, Wisconsin of U.Wisc.-Stout but spelt differently from Menominee, Michigan

They are too busy patting each other on the back and have let the errors stand for four months now.  One can only imagine their fluid definition of excellence once the real season begins.

Edited by xandandl

21 hours ago, xandandl said:

Well given the lack of news, one would think excellence would be easier to achieve for what they do let out. Evidently not.

But another past contender (not SCV) has put excellence out to pasture and being precise out the window with the new visuals no longer being drill, costumes no longer being uniforms, and tics no longer mattering in scoring.  Take their official schedule on their own website for example:

1) Sioux is misspelled twice, 2) Rapid City and Mt. Rushmore should be in SOUTH Dakota (not North), and 3) DCI Minneapolis is not in Minnesota for 2019 but now being held at Menomonie, Wisconsin of U.Wisc.-Stout but spelt differently from Menominee, Michigan

They are too busy patting each other on the back and have let the errors stand for four months now.  One can only imagine their fluid definition of excellence once the real season begins.

Yup.  Their web editor surely reflects a lack of commitment to excellence.  Poor, fallen SCV.

Mike

• Thanks 1

And they're off, headed to Missouri to pick up our new Miss Amana! There are only 7 days left to donate towards the final payment. We're sitting at $66,747 right now - will you help us reach our goal of $100K?! Visit https://bit.ly/2I9mBrw  to donate today.

D5v8bv_VUAAQl4s.jpg:large

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Yup.  Their web editor surely reflects a lack of commitment to excellence.  Poor, fallen SCV.

Mike

Please reread. I specifically said it wasn't SCV.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Please reread. I specifically said it wasn't SCV.

Ah, good for SCV then.  Bad for whoever else couldn't edit their web site properly.  Surely organizational collapse is nigh.

Mike

shows gonna be cool

• Like 2

Occasionally, I'll post Twitter updates from SCV for those who don't use twitter, also an excuse to add content to this thread. 😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2019 at 2:59 PM, Ghost said:

Does the SCV own any buses?

I think like most corps, they no longer own their buses and instead use charter buses. Please correct me if I'm wrong.