Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

2 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

yesss innovation 

LOL...means a joke.

Well, that was awkward! Being told to go to the corner for the day. :peek:

Edited by Jeffe77

I competed against this dude in SoCal in the mid-late 90's and really cool to see SCV honor Art Velarde. Sadly Art passed away 20 years ago this past weekend coming back from SCV's memorial day camp. His twin brother Ray who survived the accident was badly burned. Yet he marched his final season with SCV taking the DCI title that year. 

To donate towards his scholarship in his name and to read more about Art and his twin brother Ray, click here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

I live in Blue Devil country and like all of you, I'm anxious for the season to start. Have not been able to find out about SCV's 2019 show. So far, they keeping it very MUM! Just like last year, they were very selective about which shows they went up against BD. It seemed like they only picked major regional shows. They rest of the time they practiced, practiced, practiced.....

Anyway, yesterday SCVC posted their show name on youtube. It's called "What About Us". Don't know the exact repertoire yet. The link can be found here

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:49 PM, Jeffe77 said:

I competed against this dude in SoCal in the mid-late 90's and really cool to see SCV honor Art Velarde. Sadly Art passed away 20 years ago this past weekend coming back from SCV's memorial day camp. His twin brother Ray who survived the accident was badly burned. Yet he marched his final season with SCV taking the DCI title that year. 

To donate towards his scholarship in his name and to read more about Art and his twin brother Ray, click here.

Wow.  Twenty years.  Time goes by fast.

What a nice tribute to him. 

• Like 4

4 Words "Chromatically Ascending Mellophone Sustains"

The Evolution of the Mellophone sustain.

• Haha 1

I'm with NeutralNovice, It's June 7, 8:34 PM.

Just went on SCV's facebook page and not a word yet about their 2019 program. They did post From The Field: 2019, Episode 5 (2 hours) ago but MUM on their 2019 program.

• Like 1