Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

I posted what's below in BD thread and wanted to put it here to show SCV love. Congrats on the win SCV!

Well BD Nation the streak for consecutive wins following a silver medal finish is over at 103 wins. First and foremost let's all congratulate SCV and their fanbase on breaking the streak. If it had to happen, i am so happy it came to a fellow Cali corps! California stand up!!

Secondly, lets all give BD a Standing Ovation. This was a streak dating back to 2006. We witnessed dominance that we may never see again in our life time. 

With that being said.......it's one show. Season is just beginning. BD can drop some shows and still win it all, 2007 and 2015 being most recent. 

And if nothing else lets root on SCV to continue Cali dominance. East coast can hold finals hostage if they want, as long the DCI champion resides in California!

GO SCV! DO IT UP DEVILS!

• Like 4

Hmm. I'm 100% on board with the idea of SCV potentially repeating a championship, but the first read of the show didn't leave me hot as Babylon did. It doesn't seem quite as fresh, although I don't think freshness was the goal --- I think depth & complexity of design was, and they're sure as hell delivering on that front. It's a super dense & textured show, and I must admit it doesn't come off as approachable on a first cold read as Bloo/Crown/Cavies did. I know it will grow on me, and there's a LOT to dig into and appreciate in this show. I think a few more watches are in order before fully taking it all in.

One thing I will say --- I believe this will be the brassline to beat this year, and I don't know if I see anyone topping them in that caption. The sounds coming from that hornline tonight were just insane, and it's worth noting that the hornline plays almost nonstop. Demand is through the roof, and they're performing like a masterclass in brass technique & tone quality already.

I'm really excited to see how this show develops throughout the season!

• Like 1

My first impression of the uniforms, they make me think of the 2008 Phantom Regiment colorguard doing Spartacus.  Plus, they look very comfy! 

I usually focus on the colorguard, but during Vox Eversio, the brassline held my attention for the whole show!

11 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Last year's uniforms fit so well with their theme. When I first saw photos I didn't like them, but when I saw them live, I loved them.

Admittedly, I'm not sure how I feel about this years uniforms.....we'll see when I see them.

Thanks for the well thought out response. It's refreshing to not be attacked for having an opinion. Thank you!

• Like 1