Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I know you're joking but the last time I saw Duts purposefully written into a show was BD 2012 when the drum line yelled out "dut dut dut dada" right before a hornline hit. I wouldn't mind seeing corps do something like that if it fit with their theme, it's a cool effect 

Bluecoats could sing Be ta le Be ta le Bop Bop for their Beatles theme!!!  

The “Audivi Media Nocte “ arrangement and  interchange between the percussion and the trombone soloist/low brass really jives when they are in sync.  

6 hours ago, HouserCD said:

The “Audivi Media Nocte “ arrangement and  interchange between the percussion and the trombone soloist/low brass really jives when they are in sync.  

They are really grooving out there.  The percussion writing is really tasty.  

• Like 1

Bump because they are amazing. Go Santa Clara!

I would be interested to see if they had more to the closer with a lot more marching, if that will be enough to overtake Bloo.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Like I said before, with SCV's design in question....There is no question at this point who will most likely win the Sanford Trophy. The SCV percussion program is at another level. Historically the percussion program has been strong overall with some down years (94-96, 05-10). When it struggled between 05-10, I never thought it would become this dominant. I knew that Paul/Sandi Rennick with their track record, they would make SCV a contender. But the program is setting a new bar in DCI history. BD accomplished this 83-86. 

If they win the drum title this year, that will be 5 in 6 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Jeffe77 said:

Like I said before, with SCV's design in question....There is no question at this point who will most likely win the Sanford Trophy. The SCV percussion program is at another level. Historically the percussion program has been strong overall with some down years (94-96, 05-10). When it struggled between 05-10, I never thought it would become this dominant. I knew that Paul/Sandi Rennick with their track record, they would make SCV a contender. But the program is setting a new bar in DCI history. BD accomplished this 83-86. 

If they win the drum title this year, that will be 5 in 6 seasons. 

Exactly. But, I hope they are going to make some changes to this show, because what they have right now just isn't going to be enough to challenge Bluecoats and BD. It's a bummer.

• Like 3

Go get 'em tonight Santa Clara! Still think you guys have the show that's golden. Love the other shows.....but the musical virtuosity and cool sophistication of Vox Eversio is on another level IMHO. Keep pushing!! 

17 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. But, I hope they are going to make some changes to this show, because what they have right now just isn't going to be enough to challenge Bluecoats and BD. It's a bummer.

I think we all realize they aren't closed to finish yet and much like BD, has become the usual design process for this team at SCV now. Most forget how incomplete Babylon was at the beginning of July last year too. From what I'm hearing, a LOT more will make sense going into next week...

BD and SCV know how to finish these days, and I'll be curious if we see Bluecoats, Crown and Boston with the same ability this season. Bluecoats are the only one that I feel could hold them off this season if it comes down to it in August. They've shown that ability with their 2016 Championship. It's going to be a good race either way! GO VANGUARD!!

• Like 1

Was at rehearsal yesterday. Let me say that some BIG changes are being worked on now that will make waves across the drum corps activity. Vanguard for certain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1