Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

I don't know if someone wants to volunteer and look this up, but I think SCV percussion is on streak of being undefeated for the last 2-3 years. Of course someone can point out they lost one night in Kansas in 2016. Anyway, if that's the case, heck of a streak.

Edited by Jeffe77

I thought for sure when I saw the poles that the ending would have the mellophones climbing the poles and doing a suspended thing like last year, but in three dimensions. Has anything changed with the ending over the past several weeks? It seemed like a placeholder for something big yet to come.

23 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I thought for sure when I saw the poles that the ending would have the mellophones climbing the poles and doing a suspended thing like last year, but in three dimensions. Has anything changed with the ending over the past several weeks? It seemed like a placeholder for something big yet to come.

If it’s like last year, you won’t see the ending until Murfreesboro or Atlanta. I’m sure whatever is planned will be epic!

• Like 1

Gotta say, this mello soloist is by FAR the best soloist on the field this season. She makes a mello sound like... not a mellophone. So much control, musicality, strength, and that diaphragm... she'll make a mighty horn player if she continues on... as a horn player, mellophone (there's a reason autotcorrect corrects it to cellophane)  is a trash instrument to play on, trust me she's a goddess. Congrats on your well deserved win SCV 🙂 I get butterflies in anxiety waiting to hear your downbeat every time.

Edited by johnpendell
I spelled stuff wrong
  • Like 5

On 7/13/2019 at 9:59 AM, cybersnyder said:

There is another minute to the closer that they haven’t added yet. It’s the most epic piece of the show... there’s even a place for a vanguard yell if it doesn’t change! The closer closer was on YouTube as a standstill for a while before it was taken down. 

• Like 2

We will get the real closer right around the same time they introduced the Mello sustain closer of last season... that is my guess. Right around the second regional..It’s worth the wait and for them to be scoring so well with some of the show left to put on the field is amazing... 

• Like 3

Watched a Flo subscriber video with Ryan Adamsons running SCV brass block before Menomonie, and I have to say it was interesting to this drummer how he got the point across to them. Then watching the show at Memphis on Flo, hearing improvements compared to previous shows. Impressive! Go SCV!

(the second number with the trombone and sousaphone solos, makes me out of breath just listening to it!)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Thank you GD, but I gave up three minutes in because of the video tennis match.

oh I know - bu the last 3 minutes of this video sounds so good. Wow.