Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

On 7/25/2019 at 6:29 AM, ashevillemurphy said:

Did they get new tarps.... just saw a clip on Instagram and they seem to be a different color - not as dark as before... looked a little green.

The bottoms of the smaller front tarps were neon green when they rolled them up in Denton. I figured they would flip them at some point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

The bottoms of the smaller front tarps were neon green when they rolled them up in Denton. I figured they would flip them at some point.

If this is true and the tarps can be flipped over, that should be a big help even if there is glare. SCV's colors this year look best against the green field color. This may be their "rabbit in a hat" trick. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

If this is true and the tarps can be flipped over, that should be a big help even if there is glare. SCV's colors this year look best against the green field color. This may be their "rabbit in a hat" trick. We'll see.

The big one didn’t have anything under it, just the two little ones on the front left and right.

Cappybara -  Right on the money about SCV !

I don't particularly like their attire, the visual is so-so . . . .  but the rest is simply stellar.  I really look forward to seeing them the rest of the season.  Hopefully, without the tarps to distract me.

• Like 3

The Vanguard is the one group that can stand above the others from pure performance and power. All captions can be the best in the business on any night.

The issue is effect. They have settled into third and they will need something to get back the .5 or so they have lost over the past weeks. With the people they have on staff, there is enough creative power to make the changes but this is a challenge at this point. No question, the issue is visual design. I think in an effort to not be like the others, they turned their back on the "follow the leader run" but the question is, what did they replace it with? If you are going to stand, you better still be entertaining me at peak level.

And yes, the attempt at monochronism, if that is what the tarps and uniforms are, is not the best idea. I will see them in person in a few days but on television, as all have said, the entire corps is a wash.

BD made some changes and I would say, much to the chagrin of Bluecoats fans, that they are the favorite now. The effect numbers are only going to move forward. The door has been opened. SCV needs to disrupt what is happening.

Can we "bring it" tonight? Do not wait too long.

16 hours ago, Jason Harrison said:

Rumors are something is afoot this weekend.

Hopefully they add the rest of the closer tonight!!! There’s about a minute and a half of music left if you go according to the old standstill videos from earlier this season. Hope it makes an appearance tonight!