Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

SCV Achievement was really a great one this year, they broke the trend of a defending champion not medalling the season after, Other Than Blue Devils. After phantom won 08 fail to medal or repeat 09, cadets won 2011 fail to medal or repeat 2012, then crown then Bluecoats,  SCV defending champ came back to medal. They broke the trend of not medalling year after wining! The Talent was out of this world, the music just drive me crazy mad in the most awesome way. Congrats SCV see you next year!

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

Congratulations to the Santa Clara Vanguard for what they did this season even though some of us may disagree with the design and concept of the show. They still did great this season and I ended up loving the show. Also glad to see them defend the title well unlike previous times defending their title falling out of medal contention, 90-6th, 00-4th.

How about the standard the SCV percussion program is setting. They now have 15 drum titles, 2 more than BD. 

Kudos to the members and the percussion staff, especially the Rennicks. They have restored SCV percussion back to glory. 

• Like 1

Its an absolute sham that BD won drums tonight. First time all GD year! Something stinks around here and it might he Prosperie! Absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Its an absolute sham that BD won drums tonight. First time all GD year! Something stinks around here and it might he Prosperie! Absolutely ridiculous. 

Sit down and be quiet.  SCV won the Sanford.  

For you to question the call that Prosperie made is ridiculous.  He is one of the most respected judges on the tour.  He just called it like he saw it.

ALL the top 6 percussion groups were TOP this year.  Winning the Sanford is quite an accomplishment, but don’t be so quick to dismiss everyone else.

• Like 4

I seriously do wonder how Jeff feels about the result of last night, knowing that in essence his decision to put BD ahead of the Sanford winner on the last night of competition determined the gold. Not being facetious, truly wonder how he feels about it. Jeff is in fact among the most trusted and respected judges in DCI history for a reason.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I seriously do wonder how Jeff feels about the result of last night, knowing that in essence his decision to put BD ahead of the Sanford winner on the last night of competition determined the gold. Not being facetious, truly wonder how he feels about it. Jeff is in fact among the most trusted and respected judges in DCI history for a reason.

If I were him, I would have slept just fine last night. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dans said:

So you think SCV has marching demand? And thanks for the intelligent and witty response...honk, honk!

They had more marching demand than you are giving them credit for, certainly more than a "concert band".  

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I’d imagine that it doesn’t even register. He’s a professional, the best of the best. He did his job - to rank and rate the percussion of each corps. He fairly evaluated the corps and rated them as he saw it without considering implications, which is what a judge should be doing.

It’s really easy for us to call out him specifically, but you could really say this about any judge’s rating.

• Like 2