Santa Clara Vanguard 2019

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yes. If you watch the show with and without the tarps you can see that the drill was designed specifically to have the tarps there. I believe I saw this confirmed on Reddit 

Ah, you've educated me. Thanks. 

Cool new "fight the power" drum finishes are on SCV's facebook page.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RickCogley said:

Cool new "fight the power" drum finishes are on SCV's facebook page.

"fight the power"? Seriously? 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

"fight the power"? Seriously? 

Yeah, not sure how to describe it. It's a raised fist decal of some kind on a red fade.

5 minutes ago, RickCogley said:

Yeah, not sure how to describe it. It's a raised fist decal of some kind on a red fade.

Ohh you scared me I thought they actually said "fight the power"

On July 17, 2019 at 5:06 AM, Cappybara said:

Well it isn't desperation since their drill was designed to eventually accommodate these tarps. But they definitely are somehow even more distasteful than their atrocious uniforms this year 

Wow. Really? I completely disagree. I think the tarps are epic....the corps and guard are a great contrast on them, and they really give definition to the drill.  The visual gels so much more effectively with the tarps. I just wish we in California had a chance to see them. 

And, I will be the lone voice and say I love the uniforms. "Atrocious" is a bit hyperbolic. I think they look urban and cool with almost a concrete color. And the members have tons o' swagger with their piercings and shaved hair. They totally out-cool both their competitors. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Wow. Really? I completely disagree. I think the tarps are epic....the corps and guard are a great contrast on them, and they really give definition to the drill.  The visual gels so much more effectively with the tarps. I just wish we in California had a chance to see them. 

And, I will be the lone voice and say I love the uniforms. "Atrocious" is a bit hyperbolic. I think they look urban and cool with almost a concrete color. And the members have tons o' swagger with their piercings and shaved hair. They totally out-cool both their competitors. 

To each their own! As a homer of a different corps, I totally understand when the homer glasses take precedence 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

I think the uni description fits very well, and I marched there when it’s mission wasn’t to out-cool any competitors, yo. 🕺

23 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I think the uni description fits very well, and I marched there when it’s mission wasn’t to out-cool any competitors, yo. 🕺

I agree, especially in the guard. While I seriously hate neon as a clothing color most of the time (maybe that’s the countercultural point) I think it at least makes sense. I eye roll at the head bands they’re very ultra music festival, but, I get it. They look good in them though, and that really is the whole point. They need eyeliner that won’t bleed though hahah it looks like they’re all crying by the end of the show 🤣