The Cadets 2019

57 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

The question I have is, what unique benefits are found in Allentown that can't be met, or exceeded elsewhere?

I move that the Cadets immediately relocate all activities to northern California.  Is there a second?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

The matter of Cadets/YEA moving their operations from Allentown to some other region interests me.  First of all, I live here (outside the city limits) and have some knowledge of how things work around here. I am not aware of any local corporate or community financial support going to the Cadets/YEA operation. Maybe something specific is listed on a financial statement I am not privy to. There are at least a half dozen large giving programs that provide press releases indicating recipients. I've just never seen Cadets/YEA listed as beneficiary.

The downtown office space is in a building that once housed a large advertising company (Musselman) that closed leaving the space empty for some time. Perhaps, the rental there is very small, or even donated. From what I've been told, Cadets are not in good standing with the concert hall across the street. As far as I can tell, neither Cadets/Cadets2 conducts practices at any Allentown School District facilities anymore.

The question I have is, what unique benefits are found in Allentown that can't be met, or exceeded elsewhere?

once upon a time the move to Allentown was "blamed" on the suggestion of the DCI front office who was afraid that J. Birney Crum access would be lost without a local contact. But more likely it was due to the credit collectors banging on GH's doors back in Jersey.

• Like 1

Wow, I think rebranding YEA might be a fantastic idea! I'd not really thought of that... I think that might really help shake off some of that negativity associated with the past.  

17 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Hmmm...a certain college student would find it convenient, no?

As of today, he is officially a domiciled resident of northern California.  Hope the prevailing winds keep the forest fire smoke away.

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

I move that the Cadets immediately relocate all activities to northern California.  Is there a second?

I’m using my veto vote against this lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

The matter of Cadets/YEA moving their operations from Allentown to some other region interests me.  First of all, I live here (outside the city limits) and have some knowledge of how things work around here. I am not aware of any local corporate or community financial support going to the Cadets/YEA operation. Maybe something specific is listed on a financial statement I am not privy to. There are at least a half dozen large giving programs that provide press releases indicating recipients. I've just never seen Cadets/YEA listed as beneficiary.

The downtown office space is in a building that once housed a large advertising company (Musselman) that closed leaving the space empty for some time. Perhaps, the rental there is very small, or even donated. From what I've been told, Cadets are not in good standing with the concert hall across the street. As far as I can tell, neither Cadets/Cadets2 conducts practices at any Allentown School District facilities anymore.

Zero 

• Like 1

Just now, ZachDrumCorps said:

just come down to Philadelphia :innocent:

Same media market and same state

Maybe DE

i like MD, near DC and NOVA -   $$$ and members 

Base C2 in Harrisburg, right up 81

• Like 2