The Cadets 2019

53 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I'm fine with Cadets going out of their way to continue bringing back all alumni to the fold, but when did the number "85" take on an important meaning?   Are we at the point where every fifth season now has to be referred to as an anniversary show?  I guess if the marketing department wants to use that angle for its thing, that's ok, but I hope it won't have any bearing on show design or performance pressure.

It’s not 

22 hours ago, chaddyt said:

@2000Cadet, the 2018 season is in the books.  Can you now please share your suggestions/ideas for 2019?

(Apologies if you've already posted them.)

Brand New Day based off of Sting’s song. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

Do you mean Stewart Copeland?  Or Aaron Copland?

That does not fill me with confidence at all.  Not only do I not feel there is much good "undiscovered" Copland out there that has not already been done (to death, in many cases), but it's simply "more of the same" as far as Cadets are concerned.

1975, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1996, 2008, 2014 ... Copland would once more be a case of Cadets looking backwards, not looking forwards.

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

We might want to let the design team be hired, announced and then even meet once or twice prior...

i can almost guarantee you zero chance of  Copland in 2019 

highly doubt cadets will be looking backwards anytime soon 

Ah, gee... Coplandia had such a nice ring to it as a show title; I was all set to have tee-shirts made. Now I'll have to take George's smiling face off the Great Seal of the Cadetcoin we were going to use as currency. Oh well, back in the drawer or for some marching band to use, ha, ha.

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Look forward to this one every year:

That is SUCH a cool video. It's amazing how far videography has come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

That is SUCH a cool video. It's amazing how far videography has come.

It really puts you on the field with the corps and makes it so apparent what a great group of Cadets this 2018 corps became!

On 8/19/2018 at 10:46 AM, xandandl said:

One of the points not mentioned in the cavalier repositioning of the corps and office outside of Allentown would mean a complete restaffing of YEA since so many have their families and other important parts of their lives in that greater area. Since many of those in YEA offices are alumnae, most of whom worked tirelessly above and beyond this summer to right the past conditions under which they and the corps labored, to disregard them or see them as replaceable cogs would be disrespectful IMHO.

I think you're reading too much into what I was saying and want to be offended. Completely speaking about the pros and cons of the area I live in should they decide to move. That decision is completely out of my hands. Should they decide to move, I simply wouldn't recommend moving to the DC Metro area. Businesses move all the time and yes, it sucks for all involved.

10 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

I think you're reading too much into what I was saying and want to be offended. Completely speaking about the pros and cons of the area I live in should they decide to move. That decision is completely out of my hands. Should they decide to move, I simply wouldn't recommend moving to the DC Metro area. Businesses move all the time and yes, it sucks for all involved.

I am not offended and only used your post to bring up a different perspective about the situation. The whole mention of a corporate move is the premise of one other poster on this thread who has mentioned it several times in the past two years. To me, it doesn't matter where the corps is; Marcellus in Garfield is forever the corps' roots.

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I am not offended and only used your post to bring up a different perspective about the situation. The whole mention of a corporate move is the premise of one other poster on this thread who has mentioned it several times in the past two years. To me, it doesn't matter where the corps is; Marcellus in Garfield is forever the corps' roots.

When Allentown can’t get them basic rehearsal space their is zero reason to remain there. The organization needs a fresh start and in an area with wealthy corporations with deep pockets and giving campaigns 

current employees are an important consideration- but also you must consider who hasn’t or wouldn’t come to work for YEA due to the depressed economy of its current location 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2