The Cadets 2019

On 9/14/2018 at 5:52 PM, Terri Schehr said:

He looks remarkable for his age.  At least, 30 years younger.  

It's embarrassing when the conversation constantly veers off course and becomes about me! Aw shucks - thanks! :inlove:

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2018 at 2:27 PM, njthundrrd said:

Well, I do have two dogs... so... uhhhhhhhhhh...... sure.

So that's why the Cadets need a fourth practice field and another 18 wheeler?!???  I am already anticipating the next fund-raising blitz.

With Litz's Beau and your dawgs on tour, there has to be a dog-park and customized kennel carrier so the poor canines can rest from all those guard and other mms constantly trying to pet them. Plus the storage for their gourmet vittles, their prime showering suite, the added golf cart rigged as a pooper-scooper, and the on-call manicurist and groomer.  My drum corps has changed over the years.:worthy:

oh wait, there was a time when Troopers had their own version of Rin-Tin-Tin.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

So that's why the Cadets need a fourth practice field and another 18 wheeler?!???  I am already anticipating the next fund-raising blitz.

With Litz's Beau and your dawgs on tour, there has to be a dog-park and customized kennel carrier so the poor canines can rest from all those guard and other mms constantly trying to pet them. Plus the storage for their gourmet vittles, their prime showering suite, the added golf cart rigged as a pooper-scooper, and the on-call manicurist and groomer.  My drum corps has changed over the years.:worthy:

oh wait, there was a time when Troopers had their own version of Rin-Tin-Tin.

I remember the Colts having a sweet dog on tour by their souvie stand.  I can’t remember when.  The years all blur together lately.  😉

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember the Colts having a sweet dog on tour by their souvie stand.  I can’t remember when.  The years all blur together lately.  😉

Cool-looking pets can definitely help move merchandise.  LOL.

I bought a T-shirt from a store in Plymouth, MA, one year mostly because the shop owner's dog was so cute. :laughing:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Since this thread seems to be lacking substance: 

2019 Cadets Design Team

lol - some upgrades but one surprise (for me) as I heard Jeff was returning as the drill guy

that said - I didn't dislike last year's drill - and it was heavily driven by GH in the winter months prior to his termination - and then a bit "hamstrung" but the diagonal props on the field

Sage is a massive upgrade for guard design - I hope the Caption Head remains the same. That will help recruitment and (honestly) the scores - DCI judges love his design approach, very lyrical and thoughtful 

Very interested in hearing the brass team? I guess instructional staff is next

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

lol - some upgrades but one surprise (for me) as I heard Jeff was returning as the drill guy

that said - I didn't dislike last year's drill - and it was heavily driven by GH in the winter months prior to his termination - and then a bit "hamstrung" but the diagonal props on the field

Sage is a massive upgrade for guard design - I hope the Caption Head remains the same. That will help recruitment and (honestly) the scores - DCI judges love his design approach, very lyrical and thoughtful 

Very interested in hearing the brass team? I guess instructional staff is next

Guard should hopefully be much better next year? 

13 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Guard should hopefully be much better next year? 

Yup. Hopefully top 5. I want to see the corps caption wise take steps forward so next year you see captions in 3 through 6 spots

Tough sledding as all the corps are so strong - so real growth across the captions at Cadets is really the measure of success in 2019

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I heard the same thing in Indy. 

I heard it from many different sources so I guess something changed 

personally nothing against Bobby, he’s solid and it will be very interesting to see how he does without a winter of GH micromanaging 

• Like 2