The Cadets 2019

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I heard it from many different sources so I guess something changed 

personally nothing against Bobby, he’s solid and it will be very interesting to see how he does without a winter of GH micromanaging 

His work with the Buccs has been great. He is very talented. He did the visual for the band I teach a few years back. VERY good stuff.

32 minutes ago, FTNK said:

underwhelmed

There are definitely two of these positions I hoped would be different..............

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Since this thread seems to be lacking substance: 

2019 Cadets Design Team

i can support that team

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yup. Hopefully top 5. I want to see the corps caption wise take steps forward so next year you see captions in 3 through 6 spots

Tough sledding as all the corps are so strong - so real growth across the captions at Cadets is really the measure of success in 2019

true. But not having to redesign half the show in April will be a huge help

• Like 2

10 hours ago, East9900 said:

So much for Jeff returning as drill designer. I didn't really have many problems with the staff until I saw drill. 

I have been incredibly underwhelmed by the drill writing the last few years. I really hope he steps up his game in a massive way this year.

I would have liked to have seen a new drill writer as well.. My thoughts about the possibility of Jeff returning were mixed. A step up in a way but also a step back

I felt the Cadets needed a fresh design approach long before the changes took place

The past 3 years have been tough for Cadets drill design - particularly 2016 when Daryl (sp?) wrote the drill - that drill was a flat out mess

The past 2 years have been better, but both years were locked down by design decisions made (and compromised imo) by GH - including this recent season with the diagonal row of unnecessary props that restricted and at times dictated the drill design and staging

I also personally saw growth in Bobby's drill from 2017 to 2018 - I'm interested to see if the growth continues along with what Bobby and the rest of this team can accomplish without the interference of GH

• Like 2