The Cadets 2019

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

This popped on Twitter this am:  https://twitter.com/jaccii/status/1043224648253677568?s=21

I suppose another credible accusation was, sadly, inevitable. 

• Like 3

On 9/18/2018 at 9:17 AM, George Dixon said:

I would have liked to have seen a new drill writer as well.. My thoughts about the possibility of Jeff returning were mixed. A step up in a way but also a step back

I felt the Cadets needed a fresh design approach long before the changes took place

The past 3 years have been tough for Cadets drill design - particularly 2016 when Daryl (sp?) wrote the drill - that drill was a flat out mess

The past 2 years have been better, but both years were locked down by design decisions made (and compromised imo) by GH - including this recent season with the diagonal row of unnecessary props that restricted and at times dictated the drill design and staging

I also personally saw growth in Bobby's drill from 2017 to 2018 - I'm interested to see if the growth continues along with what Bobby and the rest of this team can accomplish without the interference of GH

I really like the new staff changes and the returns. To me, the drill was just fine. The props were limitations. All the rewrites needed after the turbulent off-season took its' toll, but the drill to me was good stuff. In the end drill and music thrilled a lot of people at Finals. I was glad to see Cadets keep this guy. Let him grow with the corps and whatever new styles they take (or go back to).  There is a lot of experience on this staff. Should be fun to see what they can do with a full off-season. :)

• Like 5

While we await further announcements and anticipations of Cadets 2019, CBS livestream has a special feature online about the Leonard Bernstein museum touring the country. I wonder whether it will stop in Garfield, NJ, Bergen County, N.J., and Allentown, PA. https://www.cbsnews.com/live/  (7:57 and following.)  Enjoy!

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:43 AM, Terri Schehr said:

This popped on Twitter this am:  https://twitter.com/jaccii/status/1043224648253677568?s=21

the gift that keeps on giving

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Btw I just learned that Cadets’ 2018 drum major is from Franklin, Tn High School, right in my back yard. They have a terrific band, led by a former Phantom Regiment member.

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/1132719002

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fifer said:

So, anything new from Cadets?  Seems so strange for it to be so quiet.  Most years, we'd be on our third controversy about the next year's show by now!!!

Quiet is good. At least compared to the three-ring circus of recent years.  LOL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fifer said:

So, anything new from Cadets?  Seems so strange for it to be so quiet.  Most years, we'd be on our third controversy about the next year's show by now!!!

My guess is no news, or controversies so the focus can be on 2019 is just the way the folks at Cadets like it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fifer said:

All those reports happened when there was a monster in charge. Thankfully, he is no longer part of the activity.

yeah I think quiet is a good thing. With the new CEO in charge, I have a feeling the entire organization is focused on getting her up to speed,  finishing up band season and the new board members getting in