The Cadets 2019

On 12/8/2018 at 7:47 PM, 2000Cadet said:

I could see them playing this, especially the ballad (hopefully with the cracks in the low brass though). 

Especially since they already did a Sparke show in 97...on my personal favorite list...Celebration and Year of the Dragon.

• Like 1

Attended Cadets camp yesterday...what a great day! The atmosphere was very positive and exciting, and we got to hear them work the first couple minutes of the show! Recruiting appears to be going well and the talent seems to be there. The staff has definitely been beefed up (great to see Neil Larrivee with the corps again!) and the creative juices are flowing freely. I attended yesterday with cautious optimism; however, I left at the end of the day with a big smile on my face! I believe some are underestimating the post Hopkins era Cadets. The Cadets brand is on the way back. Cadets 2019 = fierce!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dans said:

I believe some are underestimating the post Hopkins era Cadets. The Cadets brand is on the way back. Cadets 2019 = fierce!

May not have read all the posts, but I don't get the same read you may have.  Seems like everyone thinks post GH is nothing but positive with more freedom for staff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

May not have read all the posts, but I don't get the same read you may have.  Seems like everyone thinks post GH is nothing but positive with more freedom for staff.

There’s been some of both, mainly the negative focusing around talent level and or a lack of adding a new drill designer 

most of us are realistic, strengthen the organization as well as build the captions competitively over the next couple seasons 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I can understand why there are concerns with Cadets given the financial situation and C2 on hiatus, but if Cadets did not have a strong winter camp, that would have been more surprising. Kids are going to want to march with Cadets. First, if any season would have faced a backlash, it would have been 2018. That did not happen. Second, they placed 7th last year, and score wise and competition wise, it could be argued it was a more respectable 7th place than 2017. If anything, Cadets biggest challenge is what faces Cavies, Crown, and BAC too. All want to medal next year, and all need the talent. These are the kind of challenges we want Cadets to face. 

Edited by Tim K

9 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I can understand why there are concerns with Cadets given the financial situation and C2 on hiatus, but if Cadets did not have a strong winter camp, that would have been more surprising. Kids are going to want to march with Cadets. First, if any season would have faced a backlash, it would have been 2018. That did not happen. Second, they placed 7th last year, and score wise and competition wise, it could be argued it was a more respectable 7th place than 2017. If anything, Cadets biggest challenge is what faces Cavies, Crown, and BAC too. All want to medal next year, and all need the talent. These are the kind of challenges we want Cadets to face. 

From a design and competition standpoint I really thought 2016 was the low point. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dans said:

Attended Cadets camp yesterday...what a great day! The atmosphere was very positive and exciting, and we got to hear them work the first couple minutes of the show! Recruiting appears to be going well and the talent seems to be there. The staff has definitely been beefed up (great to see Neil Larrivee with the corps again!) and the creative juices are flowing freely. I attended yesterday with cautious optimism; however, I left at the end of the day with a big smile on my face! I believe some are underestimating the post Hopkins era Cadets. The Cadets brand is on the way back. Cadets 2019 = fierce!

hearing Denise was back was a nice surprise as well!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

There’s been some of both, mainly the negative focusing around talent level and or a lack of adding a new drill designer 

most of us are realistic, strengthen the organization as well as build the captions competitively over the next couple seasons 

I don't think Bobby staying on is a bad thing. Remember....they had to redesign half a show in April, and were already stuck with some things. With a full year to plan, and the guard staff upgraded, I don't think keeping him will be the doom and gloom scenario some project

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

if not for the change, I have no doubt last year would not have been as high as 7th. I am thinking more in terms of sliding down by Phantom

• Like 1