The Cadets 2019

On 12/15/2018 at 10:52 PM, MikeD said:

My uniform is on that field someplace! The one I wore from 70-72 was actually new in 1962.  😎   

Feeling I get when I watch Blue Devils on 1975 DCI dvd. We bought them when the season was over (thank goodness). Out old unis showed up with another corps years later 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The video in which Scott Litzenberg indicated that Cadets' goal was to steer the corps away from being followers and more into being the leaders again got me thinking about what other innovative concept could possibly be done in the activity. Sometimes I feel there is so much that has already been done and it usually surprises me when a corps comes up with something new to drum corps. I'm really hoping for great things from Cadets next season, but the basic thing I want from them is to make me scream for them again (and last season was definitely a start given the storm cloud that hung over them throughout).

Additionally, I am curious as to what approach to uniforms they will take in 2019; will they go with the Cadets traditional type uniform (which I do not think they will, given how drum corps are making uniforms that fit into their show), will they create some sort of modern version of the old uniform (I am not sure about that either), or will they make the uniform fit with the show? Using Vanguard's show last season as an example, I really don't understand how that uniform fit with their show; I think they would have been fine wearing their regular uniform, or maybe I just didn't understand the concept. I don't necessarily believe the uniform needs to fit into the show concept in order to do well. Personally, I would love a modern version of the old Cadets uniform, but I am fine with their using "costumes" to fit into their show. I just don't want anything like the monstrosity they had last season. 

I'm really looking forward to a new era of Cadets of hopefully going back to their tradition of crowd-pleasing, jaw-dropping, baby-throwing shows. I really want that for them next season. 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 8:48 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Feeling I get when I watch Blue Devils on 1975 DCI dvd. We bought them when the season was over (thank goodness). Out old unis showed up with another corps years later 

That happened a lot.  How about how the Royal-Airs unis ended up on the Stardusters? 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

The video in which Scott Litzenberg indicated that Cadets' goal was to steer the corps away from being followers and more into being the leaders again got me thinking about what other innovative concept could possibly be done in the activity. Sometimes I feel there is so much that has already been done and it usually surprises me when a corps comes up with something new to drum corps. I'm really hoping for great things from Cadets next season, but the basic thing I want from them is to make me scream for them again (and last season was definitely a start given the storm cloud that hung over them throughout).

Additionally, I am curious as to what approach to uniforms they will take in 2019; will they go with the Cadets traditional type uniform (which I do not think they will, given how drum corps are making uniforms that fit into their show), will they create some sort of modern version of the old uniform (I am not sure about that either), or will they make the uniform fit with the show? Using Vanguard's show last season as an example, I really don't understand how that uniform fit with their show; I think they would have been fine wearing their regular uniform, or maybe I just didn't understand the concept. I don't necessarily believe the uniform needs to fit into the show concept in order to do well. Personally, I would love a modern version of the old Cadets uniform, but I am fine with their using "costumes" to fit into their show. I just don't want anything like the monstrosity they had last season. 

I'm really looking forward to a new era of Cadets of hopefully going back to their tradition of crowd-pleasing, jaw-dropping, baby-throwing shows. I really want that for them next season. 

the beauty of Vanguards show last year was it was only super deep if you wanted to dig for it. Hence the style uniform they had. They didn't need that to help communicate the concept

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That happened a lot.  How about how the Royal-Airs unis ended up on the Stardusters? 

Did the Corps change its name to that after they got those Unis from the Royal- Airs ?:hehe:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Spoke with Scott Litzenberg at camp about the uniforms for 2019. You will be pleased!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dans said:

Spoke with Scott Litzenberg at camp about the uniforms for 2019. You will be pleased!

My heart just skipped a beat. I hope so! 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the beauty of Vanguards show last year was it was only super deep if you wanted to dig for it. Hence the style uniform they had. They didn't need that to help communicate the concept

And they just played the same melody over and over the entire show

• Like 2