The Cadets 2019

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And don't forget to apologize to B for your bad about "there was only one person giving a standing ovation."

I hate the DCI offseason.

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And don't forget to apologize to B for your bad about "there was only one person giving a standing ovation."

I apologize but the video is the video check it out, one person standing O, can't make theis stuff up!

1 hour ago, GlenI said:

Has there been any announcement as to whether the Cadets will have a choral section this year? Regardless of the criticism from some, the choral work from both '17 and '18 shows were my favorite parts. 

God I hope not...

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Many, as a matter of fact, are seen here on their feet with a Standing O for their Performance in Jackson. The announcer is even audibly heard here at the end complimenting the performance by '93 Star for their  " a standing ovation " from many in attendance there on Finals Night.

Maybe 12 is "many", but it is a clear minority of the displayed section of audience.

6 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I apologize but the video is the video check it out, one person standing O, can't make theis stuff up!

And how many were standing in the video B posted?  Post the video of which you typed.

Edited by Ghost

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Maybe 12 is "many", but it is a clear minority of the displayed section of audience.

At a disadvantagw today had injections in both eyes this morning. I see that the high camera feed did pick up some standing O's. I am not saying they did not deserve them, I may have ben one of them because down low xenter is where we were. The DVD that year scanned the croud from a low angle I am looking for ny copy. Because along with 2001 I can't find 93 either. Today my wife is fessing up that they may have been tucked away under the sun room last spring cleaning. I know she is only tellng me out of pity because of my eye sergery today. 

8 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I was there - center section finals night. With 7 others - we all stood up at the end of Star's performance as most did

They weren't as baby-throwing as the other 2 in the top 3 but they got a good ovation on finals night - with the exception of some very ridiculous mid west DCM fans that spent 3 years booing them at shows.

Anyway - it was hardly a "1 person O" 

I can't believe I'm chiming in on this, but it's the offseason.

You can clearly see in the video posted that almost the entire crowd in the video is standing up before the end of the last note. 

Watch the crowd and not the corps. You can see the staff jumping up and down at the hit before the last drill moves. As they are going through the last sequence you can see movement on the video of people getting up. And then as the last note is being played most of the crowd in the front sections are standing.

Just utterly ridiculous to say only a few stood up. The video is evidence. 

Edited by East9900
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

And how many were standing in the video B posted?  Post the video of which you typed.

11 minutes ago, East9900 said:

I can't believe I'm chiming in on this, but it's the offseason.

You can clearly see in the video posted that almost the entire crowd in the video is standing up before the end of the last note. 

Watch the crowd and not the corps. You can see the staff jumping up and down at the hit before the last drill moves. As they are going through the last sequence you can see movement on the video of people getting up. And then as the last note is being played most of the crowd in the front sections are standing.

Just utterly ridiculous to say only a few stood up. The video is evidence. 

I agree sorry I bought this up. I am looking for my dvd, I myself was down in front that night, it was great. The low camera was off somewhere else and could have been well after the ending I don't know. But I recognized my buddy as the only one standing. This site is great I am always in trouble but always enlighted, thanks

Case in point V-V = Vanguard was troublesome to some, then I was corrected that V-V=0, the number of corps that beat SCV. That is now ingrained on the entertainment side of my brain, (quiz show enabled) my educational drive has been flashing red for a long time. Thanks, DCP

I can't believe I'm chiming in on this. Why is there even a debate? The judges indicated to her that the ingredients were celery, chicken, garlic ice cream, and okra. She forgot the garlic ice cream as you can clearly see; it is a basket ingredient so she, therefore, SHOULD be chopped.

Oops, wrong forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4