The Cadets 2019

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So - a year since an atom bomb denotated in the middle of YEA! land the Cadets are 3 weeks away from their guard tryout camps with a trimmed down, seemingly more focused organization; a full winter of planning without the influence of he-who-shall-not-be-named and a full brass and percussion section ready to go. 

Reminforced design team (new staff coordinator, visual/guard addition Adam Sage) and a deeper bench or intructor techs

will the corps improve?

which captions are poised to climb higher?

any apparent red flags in the way of a comeback (drill design?)

will we see a Maroon and Gold color scheme? Tougher drill? Cleaner feet?

rumors point to more challenges in the music books? A more cutting edge show concept. Big and impactful props/staging...

in your view what will we see when the 2019 Cadets take shape?

Given the relative silence and the lack of a drip-drip (thankfully) from Cadets, it's hard to say. But I am hoping for a much more improved Cadets from last year. 

- While I hope we do see maroon and gold, I am hoping for a more modern approach to it, while keeping it classy. 

- I hope for an improved guard, especially since they have Adam Sage. 

- I hope for a much more improved hornline. 

- I want the battery to go out there and DESTROY. 

- Drill. While drill does not seem to be much of a focus nowadays, I believe Cadets can incorporate the past and the present in their drill design. 

- I REALLY just want to be wowed and want to SCREAM for Cadets again. 

Essentially, I just want Cadets to be better and more entertaining than they were last year. I am proud they were able to hold their own given all the crap they had to suffer last year, but it's time to move on and BE BETTER. I don't want to set extremely high expectations because I know, once you lose a figure who has been pretty much the face of the organization for 37 years, it's hard to get back to that competitive edge you've had for so long. However, I really believe they can be much better this year. Whatever happens, happens. I am just glad they have weathered the storm and are able to FOCUS on being spectacular again. I just want the cadets to be THE CADETS. 

• Like 4

i'll be honest...i'm ok if the Zebra Cake unis stay

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'll be honest...i'm ok if the Zebra Cake unis stay

Or even the all black. I'm all for upholding tradition and all, but it's a change or die world. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Or even the all black. I'm all for upholding tradition and all, but it's a change or die world. 

I wasn't a fan of the black.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Change doesn't mean going all black. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

too much of a traditional uniform for todays world

On 4/7/2019 at 7:35 PM, George Dixon said:

So - a year since an atom bomb denotated in the middle of YEA! land the Cadets are 3 weeks away from their guard tryout camps with a trimmed down, seemingly more focused organization; a full winter of planning without the influence of he-who-shall-not-be-named and a full brass and percussion section ready to go. 

Reminforced design team (new staff coordinator, visual/guard addition Adam Sage) and a deeper bench or intructor techs

will the corps improve?

which captions are poised to climb higher?

any apparent red flags in the way of a comeback (drill design?)

will we see a Maroon and Gold color scheme? Tougher drill? Cleaner feet?

rumors point to more challenges in the music books? A more cutting edge show concept. Big and impactful props/staging...

in your view what will we see when the 2019 Cadets take shape?

All good questions... and I continue to be amazed that the organization is as far along as it is, considering what went down just a year ago.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

All good questions... and I continue to be amazed that the organization is as far along as it is, considering what went down just a year ago.

I agree. Seems so much more organized and focused, and professional 

will be interesting to see how much you f that transfers onto the field this season and beyond 

• Like 2