The Cadets 2019

34 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I liked the 2017 outfits better.  How about the ones they wore end-of-show that year?

the pj onesies were horrific

• Like 1

Word from the muckety-mucks on the 2019 uniform is that we'll instantly know they are the Cadets...that's a good thing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I liked the 2017 outfits better.  How about the ones they wore end-of-show that year?

no thanks

2 hours ago, kkpjm16 said:

Word from the muckety-mucks on the 2019 uniform is that we'll instantly know they are the Cadets...that's a good thing.

What's a muckety-muck? 

Regarding Cadets in 2019, I think the way that Cadets handled 2018 speaks volumes, however I have spoken to people more in the know than I am and Cadets still has a great deal to do, because as we know the allegations facing the former director are not the only challenges  the corps is facing. That being said, it does seem as if there are capable people handling these things, and if in the midst of a huge storm last year the corps could place 7th, competitive success this year is not a bold prediction.

I would think much depends on the following:

Recruitment: Since every corps claims each year they have recruited the most talent in their history, this always is a remains to be seen category, but it's safe to assume Cadets still attracts top talent.

Returning vets: I think when you have placed near the top, the temptation to move to a medaling corps is greater. This could be a challenge for Cavies, Cadets, BAC, and Crown.

For me, one of the things I have  associated with Cadets whether it was a strong year placement wise or not, whether it was a show I enjoyed (most years) or not (only a few), is a strong sense of confidence. Moving forward, this will be important. Cadets have been about tradition, and they are also about innovation, I hope we see both. Just as I would love to see their northeast neighbors wear red and black, maroon and gold would be nice. Since my predictions preseason are always wrong, I'll keep those thoughts to myself, but I think it should be a good year.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

What's a muckety-muck? 

muck·et·y-muck
/ˌməkədēˈmək/
noun
INFORMALNORTH AMERICAN
noun: muckamuck; plural noun: muckamucks; noun: mucky-muck; plural noun: mucky-mucks
  1. a person of great importance or self-importance.
    "a big Hollywood muckety-muck"
Origin

mid 19th century: from Chinook Jargon, shortening of high muck-a-muck.
  • Haha 1

ONLINE AUCTION OPEN TODAY AND CLOSES THIS SUNDAY!

FRIENDS...
The Cadets and Youth Education in the Arts is sponsoring a wine tasting this weekend in NJ, but you don't have to be there ... or even understand what we do... to bid on a few cool items from our online auction.

Check it out here... https://www.32auctions.com/YEAFest  

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

Regarding Cadets in 2019, I think the way that Cadets handled 2018 speaks volumes, however I have spoken to people more in the know than I am and Cadets still has a great deal to do, because as we know the allegations facing the former director are not the only challenges  the corps is facing. That being said, it does seem as if there are capable people handling these things, and if in the midst of a huge storm last year the corps could place 7th, competitive success this year is not a bold prediction.

I would think much depends on the following:

Recruitment: Since every corps claims each year they have recruited the most talent in their history, this always is a remains to be seen category, but it's safe to assume Cadets still attracts top talent.

Returning vets: I think when you have placed near the top, the temptation to move to a medaling corps is greater. This could be a challenge for Cavies, Cadets, BAC, and Crown.

For me, one of the things I have  associated with Cadets whether it was a strong year placement wise or not, whether it was a show I enjoyed (most years) or not (only a few), is a strong sense of confidence. Moving forward, this will be important. Cadets have been about tradition, and they are also about innovation, I hope we see both. Just as I would love to see their northeast neighbors wear red and black, maroon and gold would be nice. Since my predictions preseason are always wrong, I'll keep those thoughts to myself, but I think it should be a good year.

Everyone knows someone "in the know." It's subjective at best, and conjecture at worst. Hopefully they'll overcome those challenges. I'll just wait until they take the field. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

What's a muckety-muck? 

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 2