The Cadets 2019

3 hours ago, wallace said:

It wouldn’t take much effort. If they don’t want any show music leaking then that’s fine. As a Cadets fan, I want to know what’s happening with the members. How long does it take to do an Instagram? A tweet with a pic? Seconds...

Remember this...right now, at most it's a camp a month. many corps do put up some type of came update afterwards. what do you do the other 28 days?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

If I remember correctly, BD was the one getting a lot of armchair criticism 2011, and more so out on the road on tour..hmmmm

Oh Ya... the Blue Devils. 

Now THIS is a Corps whose marchers, staffers,  turn into jelly the last 40 years whenever anonymous posters somewhere say something negative about them or their music or their show ( off season, in season, any season ). It effects their self esteem and confidence levels in a big way and typically shows up in their performances and scores the last 40 years.:doh:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Now THIS is a Corps whose marchers, staffers,  turn into jelly the last 40 years whenever anonymous posters somewhere say something negative about them or their music or their show ( off season, in season, any season ). It effects their self esteem and confidence levels in a big way and typically shows up in their performances and scores the last 40 years.:doh:

who said it did?🙄

Edited by GUARDLING

15 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

who said it did?🙄

You stated above here on the Cadets thread that "the Blue Devils in 2011 got a lot of armchair criticisms", so I'm not sure why you mentioned them, nor for what the intended purpose of yours with that BD comment here was. But the fact remains, that " armchair criticisms " of the Blue Devils is an annual occurance that takes place just about every season .... and yet  it seemingly has never effected their marchers, nor their staffers one iota the last 40 years.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wallace said:

It wouldn’t take much effort. If they don’t want any show music leaking then that’s fine. As a Cadets fan, I want to know what’s happening with the members. How long does it take to do an Instagram? A tweet with a pic? Seconds...

If you are THAT interested and it is so inexcusable (yikes! Inexcusable?) maybe attend a camp and satisfy your curiosity? 

Shouldn’t  corps be allowed to manage their own communications and not for anyone's personal benefit.  Maybe before they let teasers or other info out, they might want MM’s in on it all first.  And not all corps have all the ranks filled.  Now that WGI is over and corps will be filled up by May 1, we may hear more.

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

You stated above here on the Cadets thread that "the Blue Devils in 2011 got a lot of armchair criticisms", so I'm not sure why you mentioned them, nor for what the intended purpose of yours was. But the fact remains, that " armchair criticisms " of the Blue Devils is an annual occurance that takes place just about every season in some quarters.... and  it seemingly has never effected them one iota the last 40 years.

no one said it affects them...period!

It's hilarious how just a couple years ago, people were annoyed that Cadets were putting out too much information. Now people are annoyed that they are not putting out any. 

Personally, I'm glad they're taking this direction. Better to perform instead of running your mouth. 

• Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

ya know, the funny thing is i do believe your doing this just to get a rise out of people, as you obviously can't believe half of what you are typing

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

If you are THAT interested and it is so inexcusable (yikes! Inexcusable?) maybe attend a camp and satisfy your curiosity? 

Shouldn’t  corps be allowed to manage their own communications and not for anyone's personal benefit.  Maybe before they let teasers or other info out, they might want MM’s in on it all first.  And not all corps have all the ranks filled.  Now that WGI is over and corps will be filled up by May 1, we may hear more.

this.

Here's the thing...would I like to know? Sure. Will I stop going to see it if I don't know?

No, and neither will 99% of the world dealing in logic and reality. Hell, a corps can announce a dozen tunes they have in their show, and they way the mish mash stuff together sometimes you still don't recognize...i have yet to hear the Styx thing from BD the other year. And it's obvious with attendance in a better place than it was a decade ago the lack of show announcements before Christmas isn't hurting business. So in the grand scheme of things, to be as blunt as only I can be....who gives a ####?

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1