The Cadets 2019

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

many criticisms were lobbed when stuff started getting changed, or show titles announced ( Stoned), and especially when the show didn't live up to the hype....if not outright mocking and scorn.

Yo Cadets...do what you're doing and come out great. several of us on DCP and many are ok if we don't know anything yet

Ok,.. nothing much to see, nor discuss here on the 2019 Cadets thread ( nor any other DCI Corps for that matter ).... so everybody  ( all 8 DCP posters ) can just move along now.:unsure:

Edited by BRASSO

44 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ok,.. nothing much to see, nor discuss here on the 2019 Cadets thread ( nor any other DCI Corps for that matter ).... so everybody  ( all 8 DCP posters ) can just move along now.:unsure:

when there's new it'll get posted

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

. Hell, a corps can announce a dozen tunes they have in their show, and they way the mish mash stuff together sometimes you still don't recognize...i have yet to hear the Styx thing from BD the other year. A. So in the grand scheme of things, to be as blunt as only I can be....who gives a ####?

Well... it would appear YOU do,  as you comment on it and use profanity in your commentary about it... lol!

This thread has become quite the tempest in a teapot

surely we can all imagine a vast middle-ground between cone of silence and GH's crazy stream-of-consciousness up the nose filming angle sharing each ugly twist and turn of the off season

we must find that middle ground to keep the fans, donors and potential recruits and volunteers engaged year round 

marketing 101 in my opinion 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

ya know, the funny thing is i do believe your doing this just to get a rise out of people, as you obviously can't believe half of what you are typing

You were doing so well just now too. But then typed in the last word here as " typing "... But I'm pretty sure you made a typo, and meant to type in the last word of your sentence here with " reading ":innocent:

Edited by BRASSO

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

This thread has become quite the tempest in a teapot

surely we can all imagine a vast middle ground between cone of silence and GH of consciousness up the nose filming angle sharing each ugly twist and turn of the off season

we must find that middle ground to keep the fans, donors and potential recruits and volunteers engaged tear round 

marketing 191 in my opinion 

NM😉

Edited by GUARDLING

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

If you are THAT interested and it is so inexcusable (yikes! Inexcusable?) maybe attend a camp and satisfy your curiosity? 

Shouldn’t  corps be allowed to manage their own communications and not for anyone's personal benefit.  Maybe before they let teasers or other info out, they might want MM’s in on it all first.  And not all corps have all the ranks filled.  Now that WGI is over and corps will be filled up by May 1, we may hear more.

I have professional obligations that preclude camp visits. My customers come first in my professional life.

Cones of silence aren’t communications. They’re death in today’s media environment. Ask any business owner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Remember this...right now, at most it's a camp a month. many corps do put up some type of came update afterwards. what do you do the other 28 days?

Take sixty pictures during the weekend with a smartphone. Post two a day with clever text. Takes two minutes daily.

Let’s see. What would you do? Oh, that’s right! Nothing.

Edited by wallace
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Remember this...right now, at most it's a camp a month. many corps do put up some type of came update afterwards. what do you do the other 28 days?

10 hours ago, wallace said:

Take sixty pictures during the weekend with a smartphone. Post two a day with clever text. Takes two minutes daily.

Let’s see. What would you do? Oh, that’s right! Nothing.

Maybe DCI does something similar to what MLB does leading up to the start of the regular season.  Schedule Dan Potter to visit as many corps during ST and have the corps provide him with a corps media intern to film him speaking with staff, mm, and mgmt. First, the corps would have to allow it.  The corps must provide him with some meat about their show to make the pod casts worth while one would think. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Well... it would appear YOU do,  as you comment on it and use profanity in your commentary about it... lol!

I don't care that they don't announce. I care about stupid drama because they don't announce