The Cadets 2019

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

Same as a year ago, right?

Except a year ago, the Cadets were going through a sh&tstorm...

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well, kinda. Last year at this time, they were already knee deep into stuff, but then had to go and redesign a ton. Now, they could start from scratch without...uh....certain influences in the fall. If they had had last years final version of the show, with some tweaks from day 1....may have seen different results. The massive overhaul starting in late April last year never allowed them to get caught up, and at that point, there could have been kids they may have had on the field that went elsewhere because of the stigma of the corps prior to April 2018.

I’m really excited to see what they do this year, starting with a completely clean slate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

like others have mentioned I'm excited to see the talent level and member preparedness one year removed

but mostly excited (even a little anxious) to see what they come up with as a show design with the shackles off - I have a feeling (hope?) we will see a much better thought out concept and full design integration. Last year we saw a big improvement in developing the show *in season* with smart changes and additions. Quite the change from years past. If that same wisdom is used for the overall show construction we may see a vastly improved design. Let's hope so!

• Like 9

Just keep the expectations in check...if they can stay in the top 10 and YEA survives financially, it's a huge accomplishment. Cadets haven't been a "destination" corps for a long time, they've struggled to bring in the right members for over a decade, and things will probably get worse before they get better, recruitment-wise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FTNK said:

they've struggled to bring in the right members for over a decade, and things will probably get worse before they get better, recruitment-wise.

To me, they’ve had the right talent for several of those years.  The shows designed were not strong enough. They didn’t win in 2011 with JV mm.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FTNK said:

Just keep the expectations in check...if they can stay in the top 10 and YEA survives financially, it's a huge accomplishment. Cadets haven't been a "destination" corps for a long time, they've struggled to bring in the right members for over a decade, and things will probably get worse before they get better, recruitment-wise.

they had incredible talent as recently as 2015 which is hardly a "long time" ago or a decade ago

that said - yes - keep expectations in check, and surviving would be fantastic 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FTNK said:

Agreed. I'm not expecting any immediate jump into being a contender. I just want a good drum corps and financial solvency...and maybe C2 back someday

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

To me, they’ve had the right talent for several of those years.  The shows designed were not strong enough. They didn’t win in 2011 with JV mm.

2011 wasn’t a strong Cadets corps 

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

2011 wasn’t a strong Cadets corps 

strong enough....given another week who knows.....but there wasn't another week soooooooooooooo

It's not just about 1 thing, even strong talent. There have been many many units all over this activity that did amazing things, even some with less talent collectively 

Edited by GUARDLING