The Cadets 2019

3 hours ago, dans said:

It made me smile to see Tom Aungst and Neil Larrivee (I spoke to him; he is pumped to be back) running percussion ensemble rehearsal! And by the way, the pit is already vastly improved. That will elevate their percussion scores.

i know you said it earlier, and i have many times...this team, without uh...certain interference....will have a fluid design not compressed by themes or agendas.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i know you said it earlier, and i have many times...this team, without uh...certain interference....will have a fluid design not compressed by themes or agendas.

It's a fantastic team too. Such a perfect and unique fit going forward for the future of The Cadets. With Scott at the helm there's much to be excited for.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Also exciting to hear the volunteer coordinators glowing about the number of folks volunteering this weekend - many new faces and a tremendous positive vibe. Again, it’s almost “as if” someone was driving folks away and now they are home again 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, dans said:

It made me smile to see Tom Aungst and Neil Larrivee (I spoke to him; he is pumped to be back) running percussion ensemble rehearsal! And by the way, the pit is already vastly improved. That will elevate their percussion scores.

Pits improving is key to pump up that percussion caption score - great to hear 

• Like 1

Hopefully will get a chance to head to Oxford to check out Cadets' camp there in late May/early June. Not far from where my fiancee lives.

I've never been to a move-in "spring training" camp... Cadets or anyone else. For those who have, is there a best time to stop in... day or evening, whatever?

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Hopefully will get a chance to head to Oxford to check out Cadets' camp there in late May/early June. Not far from where my fiancee lives.

I've never been to a move-in "spring training" camp... Cadets or anyone else. For those who have, is there a best time to stop in... day or evening, whatever?

I suggest getting a daily schedule of the corps activities and plan accordingly to see or hear what you wish.  The further into ST the further along the show is. I spend a day bouncing around checking out everything when I go and help out with whatever I can.  My daughter comes with me.  It’s a nice couple of days. For the ST I attend.  Not the Cadets ST. I’m sure they’d appreciate any help you might offer though.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I suggest getting a daily schedule of the corps activities and plan accordingly to see or hear what you wish.  The further into ST the further along the show is. I spend a day bouncing around checking out everything when I go and help out with whatever I can.  My daughter comes with me.  It’s a nice couple of days.

Thanks for the info... when the date gets closer, I'll check around for the schedule.

PM'ed a Cadets staffer earlier today... he said I'm gonna like what I see.  That's good news!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Typically its stretching exercises after breakfast, then sectionals throughout the day around the campus. Then after dinner, its typically all hands on deck, all sections, on the field under the lights for full Corps rehearsals there. But... of course, not every day is the same. I'd suggest following the Corps daily schedule that is usually posted on the Corps website off a chalkboard. Hop used to post that for Cadets, if not mistaken. Maybe those aligned with Cadets might add helpful suggestions as to how it pertains to this years Cadets expected routine however. Its fun to go in any event. You'll probably enjoy it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1