The Cadets 2019

46 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

They are very nice. Trust me šŸ˜‰

But they will still ruffle feathers.Ā 

Good - the last thing we want the cadets to be is boring and non confrontationalĀ 

14 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Agree, surviving ( and hopefully thriving ) after all you've been through, Cadets.. Go get 'em and have a great season.

I'll be rooting you on, (EAST!!)

Is there a cheese board for the whiners?

Well apparently their wine and beer and food event had record attendance so Iā€™m pretty sure they can createĀ a fantastic cheese boardĀ 

east!!!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 1

Let us not forget the Cadets won't be the only ones.Ā  PR's entire show is likely about a similar topic in their adaptation of 'I am Joan', Troopers 'Beyond Boundaries' might be (no new releases that I've seen), Academy's 'Bridge Between'?Ā  maybe.Ā  Drum Corps has an incredible way of telling impactful stories on the field with or without being over-the-top political in nature.Ā  I'm excited for the Cadets and their members!Ā  Regardless of corps, here is what I know - these members, who will be leaders soon enough, are passionate and demanding, vocal and activating, moving and dedicated, committed and creative, yet respectful of tradition and curious about history.Ā  It will be pretty awesome to watch what they do.Ā Ā Ā Ā 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

From what Iā€™ve seen, I wonder if thatā€™s even possible. Ā Some people donā€™t seem to be able to feel shame.Ā 

His will be done

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The more we read some of these comments the more Iā€™m delighted the cadets are going down this pathĀ 

brass and drums sound so good and I hope they are very highly discussed and paid attention to all summerĀ 

as they rebuild the caption strength Iā€™m delighted they will stir up some dust and be rememberedĀ 

Ā 

excellent point. Remember the uproar over Suncoast 88? Who remembers where they placed? Even Cavies Propaganda.....where'd it place? But people remember those shows

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCIat14 said:

Let us not forget the Cadets won't be the only ones.Ā  PR's entire show is likely about a similar topic in their adaptation of 'I am Joan', Troopers 'Beyond Boundaries' might be (no new releases that I've seen), Academy's 'Bridge Between'?Ā  maybe.Ā  Drum Corps has an incredible way of telling impactful stories on the field with or without being over-the-top political in nature.Ā  I'm excited for the Cadets and their members!Ā  Regardless of corps, here is what I know - these members, who will be leaders soon enough, are passionate and demanding, vocal and activating, moving and dedicated, committed and creative, yet respectful of tradition and curious about history.Ā  It will be pretty awesome to watch what they do.Ā Ā Ā Ā 

drum corps isn't shy about touching on current hot topics for show ideas, and right now #metoo is a huge movement. Wasn't it not too long ago there was complaints on here about drum corps not being inclusive enough towards women in all areas? Now, drum corps is...and people complain

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

drum corps isn't shy about touching on current hot topics for show ideas, and right now #metoo is a huge movement. Wasn't it not too long ago there was complaints on here about drum corps not being inclusive enough towards women in all areas? Now, drum corps is...and people complain

The #metoo movement is silly and hypocritical. And I go to a drum corps show to relax and get away from leftist politicals...I don't need to have progressive politics shoved down my throat. And lets be real Jeff, the Cadets have alienated many fans with leftist politics and social issues. Is that what the 2019 Cadets really want to do...is it really in their best interest? Based on past experience, Cadets fans have every right to be skeptical until they see where the new staff is going to go with this theme. The potential is there for something amazing with this theme. Time will tell regarding how political they go with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

depending on the prism you look through, just about anything can be politicized..just be entertaining and watch how the audience, regardless of political affiliation, either loves the show or pans it..hopefully they love the direction cadets are moving..and I think it was G. Dixon who said something about not performing a "boring" program...I concur..as long as the show is stimulating, a bit avant-garde and performed well, i"ll be okay, regardless of placement..peace

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

depending on the prism you look through, just about anything can be politicized..just be entertaining and watch how the audience, regardless of political affiliation, either loves the show or pans it..hopefully they love the direction cadets are moving..and I think it was G. Dixon who said something about not performing a "boring" program...I concur..as long as the show is stimulating, a bit avant-garde and performed well, i"ll be okay, regardless of placement..peace

I do not want the Cadets to be boring! The Cadets can be exciting without being social justice warriors. You made some good points waliman4444.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

excellent point. Remember the uproar over Suncoast 88? Who remembers where they placed? Even Cavies Propaganda.....where'd it place? But people remember those shows

Suncoast 88 is one of my favorite shows ever.Ā 

I'm not sure how many remember the Bluecoats in the 80s struggling with being forgettable - they literally ran an ad campaign aroundĀ  it

Being boring or ordinary is the worst

I have a (strong) feeling the show will NOT be literalĀ or trying to tell a story or push an agenda - but that's just based on how this team massaged the show last year

Last year was the first year in ages where the Cadets didn't have backflip jesus type elements foisted on us mid or late season

Instead of "Ten" "10" "TEN" everywhere we got a classy surprise insertion of the classic M&G uniformed member into the final set at the end of last season

A subtle and effective gesture which sent a clear and entertaining message!

A good sign!

Edited by George Dixon