The Cadets 2019

27 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Your straw men are wearing thin.  Have all the positivity you want.

But for someone who seems concerned that others enjoy the show your team presents, do not be surprised if a deeper dive into partisan politics would interfere with that desire.

Lol bring down that ego. I don't know you or anyone else from a can of paint. What makes you think I care how much you or anyone else enjoy it? As far as I'm concerned, we are all just the internet so I couldn't really care less whether or not you enjoy it. What I do know is I've had enough wasting my time typing replies to negative people who seem to get off on being cynics. You can have fun with all that. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Your straw men are wearing thin.  Have all the positivity you want.

But for someone who seems concerned that others enjoy the show your team presents, do not be surprised if a deeper dive into partisan politics would interfere with that desire.

Please point out the “partisan politics” in Cadets’ show announcement. Is it the whole equality/empowerment thing? Since when are those considered partisan issues? 

• Like 5

Funny how some people seem to be triggered by phrases like "glass ceiling".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Funny how some people seem to be triggered by phrases like "glass ceiling".

I agree. Honestly (as a conservative) I deeply embrace the ideal of equality and leveraging ALL among us - celebrating their successes and contributions. That's all I got from the "press release" 

I also find it interesting how seemingly ANYTHING Cadets brings out so much vitriol

Their most-successful single day of fundraising ever and some folks are caught up in the show description wording lol

We only have to look back to the show description released last year by SCV or Cavaliers to see how they are a design guide - not something to be forced upon the audience word by word

I guess the reaction to phrases like "glass ceiling" says more about the reader than the writer... To me it's just a silly phrase to get a point across.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Game of Thrones.   

A few months ago I found out 'goat' is a text acronym the youth use for  the phrase 'greatest of all time'. For years my grandkids, neices, nephews, etc have called me an old-goat. I now smile and say thanks!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m the only person in the world who doesn’t watch GOT. 

No, and I seem to be happy enough.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It wasn’t that I was bored.  It was just a little too racy for me.  I’m not a prude but I like watching old lady chick flicks.

You and Hope!

• Haha 1