The Cadets 2019

On 5/11/2019 at 10:49 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I’m the only person in the world who doesn’t watch GOT. 

Nope, I haven't either. I had to Google Arya Stark to know who it was.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldsnare said:

Nope, I haven't either. I had to Google Arya Stark to know who it was.

I thought I covered that ... she is the queen in Cadets’ show this year.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

On 5/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, Jeff Ream said:

I gave up HBO after Boardwalk Empire went off the air. Haven't watched a second of the Starbucks sponsored program

Trust me Jeff, you are missing out. I don't "geek out" over much, but this show is very very very well done and the music in the past 3 seasons has been grammy/emmy worthy.

• Like 2

From the calendar on YEA.org:

ST begins Friday...

Move in and Spring Training starts Friday - May 17th -- in Salem PA for the weekend

Monday May 20th ST continues as the corps moves to Oxford, PA for 12 days through the end of May

Cadets will then move on to Ada, OH for the remaining 20 days of ST

June 18th Cadets will host a "community preview day" 

Cadets 2019 will make their competitive debut in Detroit MI at DCI's Premiere Event (also in theaters) 

The Tour Event in Theaters is a Fathom Event, starts at 8:30pm eastern time zone featuring The Cadets, Carolina Crown, Boston Crusaders, Blue Stars & Bluecoats - what a great line up!

The next day is labeled as a "rehearsal day" in Youngstown, OH

The following day (June 22nd) is the big Innovations in Brass show in North Canton, OH (available on FloMarching live stream) and features Phantom Regiment joining the fray

>> Last year The Cadets were a bit behind at their first event, so it will be interesting to see how well-prepared the 2019 addition arrives on tour

>> Will they debut with a smaller (or larger?) point gap with the corps ahead of them?

Go Cadets!

• Like 8

9 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Trust me Jeff, you are missing out. I don't "geek out" over much, but this show is very very very well done and the music in the past 3 seasons has been grammy/emmy worthy.

I doubt it. from clips and stuff I've seen, i'm not that interested. For years I heard people rave about the Office, and my wife started binge watching. Within 15 minutes, i was done. She's really into the Crown also, and I was kinda half into it, but by the time we finished season 1, I was eh. With cast changes for Season 2, i'm more eh

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I doubt it. from clips and stuff I've seen, i'm not that interested. For years I heard people rave about the Office, and my wife started binge watching. Within 15 minutes, i was done. She's really into the Crown also, and I was kinda half into it, but by the time we finished season 1, I was eh. With cast changes for Season 2, i'm more eh

Crown is going into Season 3. It's quite good - a lot better than GOT IMO

GOT I enjoyed the first couple seasons - then it became very repetitive and I moved on...

Back to drum corps - I'm hoping Cadets show offers an immediate "sit up in your seat and take notice" "hook moment"

The toilet bowl revolving front into a block with a big horn move they've started a couple late 90s shows with really grabbed the audience. Such a wow

The past several Cadets productions have sort of dithered around too long

I know this year's show starts with a fanfare and big hit. Hoping visually that big hit comes front and center with an "awe inspiring" type visual manever to really announce Cadets 2019 arrival

No more dithering around. Like television shows - too much dithering and you lose the audience

I think back to 92 Cadets To Tame the Perilous Skies production which started with a bird formation and a massive hit at beat one

Really grabbed us and then the show never let go. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Crown is going into Season 3. It's quite good - a lot better than GOT IMO

GOT I enjoyed the first couple seasons - then it became very repetitive and I moved on...

Back to drum corps - I'm hoping Cadets show offers an immediate "sit up in your seat and take notice" "hook moment"

The toilet bowl revolving front into a block with a big horn move they've started a couple late 90s shows with really grabbed the audience. Such a wow

I know this year's show starts with a fanfare and big hit. Hoping visually that big hit comes front and center with an "awe inspiring" type visual manever to really announce Cadets 2019 arrival

No more dithering around. Like television shows - too much dithering and you lose the audience

I think back to 92 Cadets To Tame the Perilous Skies production which started with a bird formation and a massive hit at beat one

Really grabbed us and then the show never let go. 

Honestly, I just want to be on the edge of my seat and scream again, like before I marched. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Great points.

Any number of "Hello, WE'RE HERE!!!" moments in drum corps through the years.  Cadets have had them, as you mentioned.... plus others, like Scouts' monster back-sideline opening hit in 1975...Spirit and their knock-a-wall-down openers circa 1979-80... Blue Devils' horn line just nailing their opening LOUD notes on the front sideline in 1996... and so forth.

All of them memorable... all of them established a tone of "Hey... we are in the game, folks!!!"

It would be cool for the Cadets to give us another great moment like these.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

On 5/9/2019 at 5:42 PM, 2000Cadet said:

Welcome back @chaddyt !!

Valid concerns, and I have some concerns as well. I think I'm gonna try to keep an open mind until I see the show. Hopefully it makes me a fan. 

Thanks, Tekk!  These quieter off-seasons have put a bit of a damper on my DCP posting.  Thinking things will pick up again once the season gets under way.  

• Like 1

there are two reeeeally cool bars in the ballad, but that's the only moment i've heard that does anything for me

Edited by brassdude6171
  • Like 1