The Cadets 2019

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

he didn't bring the Cadets 10 championships - the members and staff did

and frankly of everyone - I'd give much more individualized credit to Zingali, Prime & a handful of other visonairies 

Hopkins then proceeded to ride their coattails while become a smug and abusive #####

No hate - just honesty...

And who brought those visionaries to the Cadets? I never claimed or intended to say he did it alone but he was the leader and 1 constant throughout those years and to see people kick dirt on his entire history just irks me.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, yogitom said:

And who brought those visionaries to the Cadets? I never claimed or intended to say he did it alone but he was the leader and 1 constant throughout those years and to see people kick dirt on his entire history just irks me.

If anything he was an obstacle to more championships. We will just agree to disagree. I imagine his victims would also disagree with your take. A lot of emotional abuse was inflicted as well. The folks stepping forward are just the most extreme examples: 

so with that - let’s celebrate the 2019 Cadets who are busy learning drill today 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

he didn't bring the Cadets 10 championships - the members and staff did

and frankly of everyone - I'd give much more individualized credit to Zingali, Prime & a handful of other visonairies 

Hopkins then proceeded to ride their coattails while become a smug and abusive #####

No hate - just honesty...

Although this may all be true. You can't slam someone ( anyone ) for the failures and in the next breath not give credit for the successes. Can't have it both ways. Now back to the most important thing, TODAY and the Future Cadets.

FHNSAB

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

I am so glad that there is such a positive vibe going on with the Cadets.  Perhaps you can send some of it over to Madison's thread.  They are taking a beating!

Give it time ... DCP can't stay positive for ever

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, yogitom said:

Seems to be quite a bit of hate going on in this forum for a man that brought this organization 10 championships. Not excusing what he did, that is reprehensible, and he deserves everything that is coming to him. But the hate seems a bit much IMHO.

There are many people who committed these types of crimes who have made great contributions to society. That doesn't give them a pass to do what they want to people. He deserves everything that's coming to him for doing what he did. I don't care how many championships Cadets have. Someone's life and well being are more important to me than the contributions that he has made to Cadets. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, yogitom said:

Seems to be quite a bit of hate going on in this forum for a man that brought this organization 10 championships. Not excusing what he did, that is reprehensible, and he deserves everything that is coming to him. But the hate seems a bit much IMHO.

The corps success is so much more than him and in many ways in spite of him 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, yogitom said:

Not Hopkins. Most of that group was hired prior to him becoming director including Zingali and Prime. Others were suggested and recruited by staff members other than GH 

Edited by George Dixon

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

There are many people who committed these types of crimes who have made great contributions to society. That doesn't give them a pass to do what they want to people. He deserves everything that's coming to him for doing what he did. I don't care how many championships Cadets have. Someone's life and well being are more important to me than the contributions that he has made to Cadets. 

Very well said. Thanks