The Cadets 2019

49 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

I'm so happy that this corps exists and I'm not trying to be a downer, but this is a ninth place show. Hopefully this is a building year and we can see some return to excellence in the years to come!

OMG you've seen the show?!?! Can you provide some details? I'm dying to see and hear what they're playing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Oh silly boy, size matters 

not with brass or snare lines

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

I'm so happy that this corps exists and I'm not trying to be a downer, but this is a ninth place show. Hopefully this is a building year and we can see some return to excellence in the years to come!

and last year people said they'd be lucky to make finals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:43 PM, exitmusic said:

Welcome to the offseason everyone - boy that season went FAST!!  Cadets came in 9th place...before anyone played one note in competition, and based only on a show announcement, that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/20/2019 at 9:43 PM, exitmusic said:

Last I checked, the championship is decided in August.

You may not be trying to be a downer, but you are certainly coming off as a troll. Aside from not liking the announcement of the show, which you called "cringe-worthy", what other proof do you have to call this a ninth place show? Please explain how much knowledge you have about the eight corps you have placed above them and why those shows are better.

Lemme guess... you read an announcement as gospel (because we all know nothing ever changes from a concept!) and maybe listened to a few minutes of the show online. If you've actually been to a rehearsal(which I seriously doubt), please explain how a few days of visiting a corps rehearsal in May would be enough to slot a drum corps into 9th place in August. Have you watched the other eight corps in person also? Which sections are lacking? What parts of the production need work? Are the big moments in the show not working? If you had answers to any of these, I'm guessing they were taken from the announcement, forum chatter, or unfounded speculations (forgive me if I'm giving you too much credit). 

The corps doesn't even have the entire show on the field and they're already ninth? Not to mention no other corps in the entire country has their entire shows on the field either yet eight of them are already better? That's asinine. 

Perhaps give them some time to actually learn the show before calling them out on what you consider to be a "building year". Just sayin'.

Edited by East9900
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, East9900 said:

Last I checked, the championship is decided in August.

You may not be trying to be a downer, but you are certainly coming off as a troll. Aside from not liking the announcement of the show, which you called "cringe-worthy", what other proof do you have to call this a ninth place show? Please explain how much knowledge you have about the eight corps you have placed above them and why those shows are better.

Lemme guess... you read an announcement as gospel (because we all know nothing ever changes from a concept!) and maybe listened to a few minutes of the show online. If you've actually been to a rehearsal(which I seriously doubt), please explain how a few days of visiting a corps rehearsal in May would be enough to slot a drum corps into 9th place in August. Have you watched the other eight corps in person also? Which sections are lacking? What parts of the production need work? Are the big moments in the show not working? If you had answers to any of these, I'm guessing they were taken from the announcement, forum chatter, or unfounded speculations (forgive me if I'm giving you too much credit). 

The corps doesn't even have the entire show on the field and they're already ninth? Not to mention no other corps in the entire country has their entire shows on the field either yet eight of them are already better? That's asinine. 

Perhaps give them some time to actually learn the show before calling them out on what you consider to be a "building year". Just sayin'.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2