The Cadets 2019

For me if Cadets are able to stay in 7th this year it is almost a victory.  Design staffs are just too strong for the top 6.  I would love to see a surprise and have Cadets get back into the top 6, but it's just hard to envision.

All about staff now and the talent that follows them.  Cadets need to get back in that game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

For me if Cadets are able to stay in 7th this year it is almost a victory.  Design staffs are just too strong for the top 6.  I would love to see a surprise and have Cadets get back into the top 6, but it's just hard to envision.

All about staff now and the talent that follows them.  Cadets need to get back in that game.

The Cadets seemed to have realize THIS year that they NEEDED. TO. DO. SOMETHING. DIFFERENT. Time will tell if it works out or not, but from the information I have been receiving, they are clearly trying to change the structure and the modus operandi that has been to their detriment for the past few years. I feel exactly from where you're coming and I am hoping for a surprise as well. You're right though. Top 6 is STRONG and Cadets need to get back into that fight. 

• Like 3

i'm not placing any expectations on them. This is year 1.5 of a rebirth for the organization. However even if they stay in 7th, but are ###### close to the top 6, IMO, that's a win. They were less than a point behind 6th at finals last year. Like .988 out of 6th. Just a few tenths here or there, could have been a whole new ball game.

This isn't 20 years ago where it was your rotating BD, Cadets, Cavies, guest spots by SCV or Phantom. back then Madison was top 6 more than they weren't, and you'd have guest spots by Boston or Blue Knights. Just let the staff and kids do their thing, let the green shirts sort it out, and be entertaining. How long did it take for Bloo or Crown to get into that elite level? Now Boston is back, and after a few years Cavies bounced back?

If they are good, and people like it, and people can see it's a new vibe and way, kids will start to gravitate to them. Kids in the region may stop looking past them to go elsewhere. Give the staff time to gel.

• Like 6

Got to briefly visit Cadets today 

Appears all captions might be stronger and a bit ahead of last year - corps was working on staging part three 

80 brass with 16 tuba 

so far so good!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, dbc03 said:

This kinda makes me want to send the trumpet section 1200 chocolate chip cookies or something ridiculous like that

They just got a batch Saturday, but I'm sure they'd appreciate more!

• Haha 1

I personally have enjoyed everything I’ve heard from them so far, I’m thankful they even put stuff out this early. A lot of corps care about holding off till they sound pretty ready to compete, and that’s fine, but I appreciate Cadets’ vulnerability with their postings. I think everyone’s just a bit anxious right how from hearing so little, but I don’t think Cadets are in trouble at all. You can’t say that about every other corps, so I think that’s definitely a positive. Give it a few more weeks y’all!

7 hours ago, johnpendell said:

I personally have enjoyed everything I’ve heard from them so far, I’m thankful they even put stuff out this early. A lot of corps care about holding off till they sound pretty ready to compete, and that’s fine, but I appreciate Cadets’ vulnerability with their postings. I think everyone’s just a bit anxious right how from hearing so little, but I don’t think Cadets are in trouble at all. You can’t say that about every other corps, so I think that’s definitely a positive. Give it a few more weeks y’all!

You are correct...the Cadets are far from "in trouble at all"

• Like 1

From the design videos on FB it could be pretty cringey and overly literal. That certainly would not be unusual for DCI as a whole. Excited to see how it all comes together.

Has a full schedule with housing sites etc. been published?

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

From the design videos on FB it could be pretty cringey and overly literal. That certainly would not be unusual for DCI as a whole. Excited to see how it all comes together.

Has a full schedule with housing sites etc. been published?

I had similar concerns from the design videos; however, the first 5+ minutes of the show don't come across as cringey or overly literal. Keep in mind that the Cadets picked up some key staff people (some fresh off of a DCI championship) this season and it shows. This is clearly not the George Hopkins Cadets...that's a good thing!

• Like 6