The Cadets 2019

Just now, dans said:

As long as I can remember they wore Red Sox hats.

That's a little piece of trivia I never knew. What if one of them says hey, I'm a Yankees fan? Does he or she get publically caned? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

That's a little piece of trivia I never knew. What if one of them says hey, I'm a Yankees fan? Does he or she get publically caned? 

At Boston the years I marched, if you were a Yankees fan, you could wear the hat, but they would put black tape over the Yankees logo.

Many times the Red Sox hats would be purchased by the Section leader as Sections hats for the summer. Along with Sections Shorts etc.., 

• Like 1

Such a long and storied history w/these two corps. Cannot wait to see them both!

I miss the MA/ NY/NJ/ DE Corps and competitions that have long since gone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dans said:

I don't remember their wearing Red Sox hats when I marched. 

10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I don't remember their wearing Red Sox hats when I marched. 

I'm pretty sure they did. One of the reasons as that I'm a Red Sox fan and I was wondering to myself why they were all wearing Red Sox hats (not that I was objecting haha). 

I would say it's somewhere along the lines as to why the drumline all wears the same shorts. This year the tenors are all wearing Braves hats. 

Side note: My son's t-ball team this year was the Yankees. They also get their end of season trophies at a game for one of the Yankees' farm teams. I guess my old age is starting to show because if I were younger I would have acted as his agent and requested a trade haha.

Edited by East9900

40 minutes ago, dans said:

I'd quit and find an Orioles or Mets section.  :tongue:

3 minutes ago, East9900 said:

I would say it's somewhere along the lines as to why the drumline all wears the same shorts. This year the tenors are all wearing Braves hats. 

To understand the eccentricities of drummers is to understand why my dog eats his own poop. We're a little odd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3