The Cadets 2019

4 hours ago, kkpjm16 said:

I know right? I helped assemble them on the field at camp down at Keith Valley...Scott L was standing on one like he was on Pride Rock! Way cool!

Hey, don't change the subject. Allentown is Phillies country...or whatever the comment was by a certain expert on here. Go Cadets!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m so glad you said it first.  I was thinking..the bar is so low. 

the Christmas stuff? The boxes 13...the stage in 14? The stoned stuff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dans said:

Thank you captain obvious!

anything I can do to brighten your day

I just had the pleasure of spending three days volunteering with The Cadets. I am so excited about the season! They have something very special in the making! 

• Like 4

I am going to share this review of camp and edit out/withhold a few names.
This is from a volunteer that knows a lot about our activity. I always trust his opinion when I see him.

Consider this the first official review of the season. = )

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________

I wish you could have seen the look on my face as I watched ensemble rehearsal for the first time tonight. It has been nothing less than a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing everyone and watching The Cadets practice. As I promised you here are some of my thoughts of what I’ve seen here at Cadetland.

With practically nothing coming out of camps and spring training I couldn’t take it another minute not knowing, so I decided to come to Ada and see with my own eyes what was going on. It’s not my first time that I have traveled to watch Cadets ensemble rehearsal. As a matter of fact this trip is about more than coming to watch ensemble rehearsal. I’m really excited to see just what The Cadets have been up to this winter and spring.

Ok. .ok. .ok, all the excitement you’re hearing about is FOR REAL!!! I’m not going to tease you on what I saw tonight but at the same time I’m not going to let the cat out of the bag either. I’m sure I can share with you and still keep everything close to the chest. The Cadets look good, they sound good, and they are good!

The last couple of years The Cadets have lagged in show design or it developed slowly (my opinion). Not this summer!! This show is appropriately titled BEHOLD and what I mean by appropriately is the design team put much thought in how they wanted to approach this show concept to support it with music and visual. . .BEHOLD. The brass-line is huge and powerful, I believe I counted 80 in total. I can tell you Bridge over Troubled Water is going to be my moment for the summer and I’m sure for many others. The battery is just crazy fun to watch and they have a drum feature that really showcases their talent. The colorguard is where I get a feel of Cadets of old. The rifle line is all male, which has some really cool moments in the opener and the females are on saber. I don’t know if it was designed that way, but it certainly looks cool and the design team can do so much with that.

Yes, there are props and they are used well. I promised Scott I wouldn’t disclose what they are or how they are used. I will say of the props the Cadets have used in the past, and there have been many, these by far have been done right. Transporting them all summer is another story. It all makes sense once you see the show; the understanding about women, power, and equality. It dawned on me that all the musical selections are by female composers. I’m not on tour yet but I must give the design team a huge KUDOS!! They are taking their time and getting it right. If you watched any of the YouTube features the design team did explaining the show concept you will understand right away once you hear and see the visual package.

You know I’m trying to be as nosey as I can while I’m in Ada. So, I am seeing some things, including the uniforms. Compared to some of the uniforms I have seen of the other corps, I think everyone will like the look of the Cadets this summer. Since I wasn’t able to make any rehearsals at camp Saginaw I relied on my friends, who live close to camp Saginaw, to tell me what they were seeing when they were at ensemble rehearsal. I can’t thank them enough! They told me I would like what I see. You don’t know how many times I tried to get information out of sewing crew and they gave me nothing, but they did manage to talk me off the ledge on many occasions.

Now that I have seen what I came to see with my own eyes, and I am a true optimist coupled with being a realist, I would say this is a nicely designed entertaining show and these Cadets have the potential of being really good. They will surprise a lot of drum corps folks (that was my stab at those pessimists on DCP). My last thought is I feel the design team is getting it right and tweaking the show down the road won’t require any major rewrites, but we’ll see.

I’m certainly glad I came to see The Cadets before they pull out on Wednesday for their first show in Detroit. I’m getting my personal peek before they give their community performance, in full uniform. I’d say the Cadets are meeting their goal of being prepared and ready for their first show. Let’s hope the men in green like what they see.

I usually come out the gate on tour with The Cadets, but tour officially starts for me in Allentown. That means a blog everyday right into Indy. I’ve got a good feeling about this summer and I’m sure I am not alone. I’m so proud of these Cadets for all their hard work and I can’t wait to get this summer started. Go Cadets Go!!!

• Thanks 3

Envious of those who get to go to community night, but have my tickets for the movie for Center Valley ...