The Cadets 2019

2 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I heard there was headgear, too.  Funny thing is, this uniform actually looks like it might be cool WITHOUT headgear, at least for part of the show.  I can’t believe I’m saying that!  I want some nice, high quality, studio pics now!

Hello folks; remember the RAMD days?  I have taken the time to read most of the posts here and as usual some make me smile, some laugh, and some just make me shake my head to myself and say "they don't know what the hell they're talking about".  I thank the person who posted my review of what I saw the weekend I went to Ada to see just what our Cadets have been up to.  Unless you have been to Ada to see just what the Cadets are putting on the field this summer the rest that is being shared is pure rumors and speculation.  Lots of questions surrounding the props and uniforms which is why I took my butt to Ada to see with my own eyes.  I will say this and shut up; The Cadets righted their sails last summer and this summer they plan to be in not only the discussion but in the game called drum corps.  Get ready to see a whole bunch of good drum corps this summer. . .starting in Detroit.  Go Cadets Go!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Edited by Fan of the Arts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, East9900 said:

Finally! Looks awesome! 

I wish there was a shot of the full uniform. It looks like the pants have have that grey pattern as the stripe? Kind of hard to tell.

From what I can see, I really like what they've done. It's a great way to link the past and still have a modern look. I'm really looking forward to seeing them on the field.

That video the Cadets released of the uniform was nothing more than a big tease :)  If they are not airing the community show tonight it looks like everyone will have to wait until the theatre showing on Thursday.  Go Cadets Go!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Hello folks; remember the RAMD days?  I have taken the time to read most of the posts here and as usual some make me smile, some laugh, and some just make me shake my head to myself and say "they don't know what the hell they're talking about".  I thank the person who posted my review of what I saw the weekend I went to Ada to see just what our Cadets have been up to.  Unless you have been to Ada to see just what the Cadets are putting on the field this summer the rest that is being shared is pure rumors and speculation.  Lots of questions surrounding the props and uniforms which is why I took my butt to Ada to see with my own eyes.  I will say this and shut up; The Cadets righted their sails last summer and this summer they plan to be in not only the discussion but in the game called drum corps.  Get ready to see a whole bunch of good drum corps this summer. . .starting in Detroit.  Go Cadets Go!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Thanks Irving...love your recaps and first-hand impressions. Keep 'em coming.

CVA shirt-wearer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

That video the Cadets released of the uniform was nothing more than a big tease 🙂 If they are not airing the community show tonight it looks like everyone will have to wait until the theatre showing on Thursday.  Go Cadets Go!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

More pictures released at 5pm 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

More pictures released at 5pm 

I've seen what I needed to see.  I'm happy with it.  George, I'm on all summer starting in Allentown.  Say hello, I'm easy to find.  I sure would love to meet you.  I'm good at keeping things to myself when it comes to our Cadets.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 7

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, George Dixon said:

Well I'd say today is the banquet, tonight/tomorrow they drive the caravan back to Allentown...

After that, probably a week's vacation necessary 

And then, since we have actual mentally-stable adults now in charge, they will begin the process of staff evaluations and extend (or not) offers for the 2019 season

No announcements I believe until the beginning of September regarding staff changes or additions

It's important to remember THIS team (& mm) almost snagged sixth on finals night - even with half a show already designed and a redo of major proportions in late April/early May - that's no joke! They did fantastic & should be very proud.

As a fan I personally want to see some retention along with some reinforcement in certain captions/aspects. There was a lot of good about the 2018 Cadets - so some continuity is warranted and smart.

Cadets will want to continue to build up their competitiveness next year - a 4th or 5th place finish (moving up a couple spots) is difficult but within reach...  that would put them in position to get back to challenging for medals in 2020/2021. In today's DCI you have to be LOADED on all captions to win a championship - it will take them a couple seasons to regain that sort of competitiveness, even with careful and smart decisions going forward

So - a few things necessary:

1. improved design (some of this will happen organically now)

2. cleaner visual/musical execution out of the gate (so they don't play catch up again)

3. smaller number of age outs this year - so heavy and successful recruitment to further up the corps talent/experience level

4. continue to refine and improve member experience - first class in all aspects

Best wishes for a successful off season Cadets!

George 

George, I know you have looked at this listing just as I have; you have to say you were right on with your vision so far.  Yes I do see a climb up in the standings this summer.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

36 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

I've seen what I needed to see.  I'm happy with it.  George, I'm on all summer starting in Allentown.  Say hello, I'm easy to find.  I sure would love to meet you.  I'm good at keeping things to myself when it comes to our Cadets.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I look forward to meeting you too Irving. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

I look forward to meeting you too Irving. 

I'm sure our paths will cross!!

• Like 1