The Cadets 2019

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

well - it's official - Cadets have won "best uniforms of 2019" 

Now - on with the show!

Cadets mixed with Victorian excess with a couple dashes of steampunk = delicious cocktail IMO

Easily one of the best looks of the "costume era".... with a nod to tradition as well, especially in the color scheme.  Nice!!!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Was anyone at Ada? Surprisingly quiet...

Two friends were there. They don’t know each other. Both kept me informed all night.

Some good stuff; some very bad stuff. Apparently, the weather in Northwest Ohio has not help them be prepared at all. Both friends said they were extremely dirty and struggled to march the show. They’re just learning the end. The colorguard is very young and very inexperienced. The horn book is extremely hard, and if they want to get anywhere this year, they are going to require an absolute ton of cleaning — more so than in the past. I got that impression from both people. One called the show a high school version of Carolina Crown. He said this corps has absolutely no hint of past Cadet on-field tradition. I’ll see on Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tad_MMA said:

Two friends were there. They don’t know each other. Both kept me informed all night.

Some good stuff; some very bad stuff. Apparently, the weather in Northwest Ohio has not help them be prepared at all. Both friends said they were extremely dirty and struggled to march the show. They’re just learning the end. The colorguard is very young and very inexperienced. The horn book is extremely hard, and if they want to get anywhere this year, they are going to require an absolute ton of cleaning — more so than in the past. I got that impression from both people. One called the show a high school version of Carolina Crown. He said this corps has absolutely no hint of past Cadet on-field tradition. I’ll see on Thursday.

There’s a video out there. I wouldn’t go to that extreme but it was rough in some areas. There are other places where they need to build their moments better.  They seem behind and maybe with less talent compared to the top tier groups but competitive nonetheless. 

5 minutes ago, Tad_MMA said:

I wasn’t there tonight, but...  this show is absolutely NOTHING like ANY version of Carolina Crown.  And if anyone thinks this corps has no hint of past Cadet tradition, they are sorely mistaken.  Prepared?  I don’t know exactly what that means.  But I dare say “not prepared at all” is a gross misrepresentation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tad_MMA said:

Well that's unfortunate. Guess the uniforms got me excited, but I know that talent level is lower given circumstances.  Well hopefully a place to start the build back up over years.

Edited by cadet93

12 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Well that's unfortunate. Guess the uniforms got me excited, but I know that talent level is lower given circumstances.  Well hopefully a place to start the build back up over years.

Let's let the show and the season play out before we're already throwing in the towel.

• Like 4

Remember back in the day in the 90’s, The Cadets would come out at the beginning of the year and be a MESS?  I’d rather have a bunch of dirt with a good show design to START the year, like the design we have right now.  This show is going to seriously surprise some folks, no doubt!