The Cadets 2019

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I love the Cadets and I was extremely uncomfortable.  

So they should remove it

i felt it was unnecessary 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I think it’s too literal.  The point can be made of her being deposed in a less graphic fashion.  

Yup 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

100% respect your opinion, but lets not forget what we have seen with our own two eyes during the first part of spring training.  The "business" side of this corps is in a WAY better position that it was five years ago.  The foundations for success are definitely there.  

I do think the decision to focus on the staging and huge props makes the drill situation unique.  I'm hoping that they add more body movement and other visual interest as the season progresses.

This is a complex production.  But right now, there are lots of obvious points where they can add IMPACT.  That should help help the show to "grab" us more over time.

And yeah, the percussion is a really REALLY strong point.  I CAN'T WAIT to see this drumline again!

I agree, and that's what was so frustrating about last night. Based on what I saw at spring training I was really pumped to see the Cadets. I was beyond disappointed with what I saw. They will work hard and improve as they always do. However, my concern is as they scramble to salvage this show, all their competition will continue to improve and pull away from them. Sorry to be a downer Tom...not sure this season is going to be something they can build on and improve for the future.

6 minutes ago, dans said:

I agree, and that's what was so frustrating about last night. Based on what I saw at spring training I was really pumped to see the Cadets. I was beyond disappointed with what I saw. They will work hard and improve as they always do. However, my concern is as they scramble to salvage this show, all their competition will continue to improve and pull away from them. Sorry to be a downer Tom...not sure this season is going to be something they can build on and improve for the future.

I agree. However I would give it two weeks. Let's see whether they quickly improve thing slip. Hopefully calm and smart heads will prepare - it's a bit too soon to put the white flag up the pole. Just a bit.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

Change in designer about two weeks in. Bobby Jones in no longer there. 

Ugh no wonder. Huge mistake!