The Cadets 2019

1 hour ago, ShortAndFast said:

Can't say that I loved the uniforms. At least from the theater, they visually looked pretty small and dark in all of the full ensemble shots. Maybe the details on them stands out better live? OTOH, you could see something gold underneath the top on several performers, so I assume at some point the tops are going to come off for a brighter look.

Maroon is a challenging color to work with. It has too much gray and brown in it to have the vibrancy of a red or orange on its own, so its effectiveness is based largely on what it is paired with. The traditional Cadet uniform had so much impact because the maroon was made to pop with the juxtaposition of gold, creme and white accents. 

When you pair it with charcoal gray, expect the combination to absorb all light. I actually liked it better from the back, where there was much more maroon and it wasn't further dulled by more charcoal stripes across it. They are seemingly going to unveil an undergarment full of gold at some point for the traditional "darkness to light" effect which is on page 36 of the Drum Corps Designers Idea Book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It's ok to stab people, spear them, cut off their heads, and burn them to death, as long as you don't use a gun or imply anything sexual.  

THIS.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

IT IS SILLY SEASON ON DRUM CORPS PLANET! I open this thread and it 2006 again. All you folks sitting in front of your laptops spewing crap. Chill TFO! It's June 21st, By August 10th the shows you see today will be different and better. Enjoy Drum Corps while we still have it. 

Well this is a discussion site. Just saying!

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

HOW is it possible that the Cadets thread is up to 169 pages, and today is the first time it was mentioned that Bobby Jones departed two weeks into spring training?  

Maybe that's a question you should ask George.  I tried to get him to disclose that information but he chose to say the Cadets were behind because of inclement weather and an undersized Fieldhouse.  That information does no one any good now.  The path is in front of us and these Cadets deserve the opportunity to compete.  I am 150% behind Scott Litzenburg and I trust this design team has what's necessary to make the adjustments. Come on Cadets!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

HOW is it possible that the Cadets thread is up to 169 pages, and today is the first time it was mentioned that Bobby Jones departed two weeks into spring training?  

It’s been mentioned before in other threads.   Chris Johnston has been finishing the drill. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Maybe that's a question you should ask George.  I tried to get him to disclose that information but he chose to say the Cadets were behind because of inclement weather and an undersized Fieldhouse.  That information does no one any good now.  The path is in front of us and these Cadets deserve the opportunity to compete.  I am 150% behind Scott Litzenburg and I trust this design team has what's necessary to make the adjustments. Come on Cadets!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I said that was “the excuse” being given 

1 minute ago, rmurrey74 said:

It’s been mentioned before in other threads.   Chris Johnston has been finishing the drill. 

As a fan and a volunteer who tours with the Cadets for many summers, I have had the opportunity to disclose a lot of information but always felt it was inappropriate of me and I always left those types of disclosures up to the Cadet organization.  All this stuff coming out now is known information a lot of people didn't know and look at the fallout now.  That's why my motto when I'm on tour has always been and still remains "it is all about the kids".  Focus on them and give them a chance to compete and make their alumns proud!  Go Cadets go!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

visually this corps could end up in 10th/11th place

I’m expecting a 8th or 9th place finish at this juncture unless they make rapid and smart changes and improvements - that will make recruitment an even tougher challenge 

hoping for a miracle frankly 

I'll know more after seeing two of this years medalist tonight. Your estimation of the Cadets placement is most likely not too far off the mark.. It was a big mess not typical of Cadets even under GH.