The Cadets 2019

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I said that was “the excuse” being given 

Let's not play on semantics George.  Why did you chose not to state the real reason instead of "the excuse" being given if you knew?  Someone even stated if what I said was the truth its not like you to not be forth coming.  Once again I allow myself to get pulled into a discussion that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.  I can't wait to get on tour with the Cadets so I can shut DCP down for the summer.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

21 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Let's not play on semantics George.  Why did you chose not to state the real reason instead of "the excuse" being given if you knew?  Someone even stated if what I said was the truth its not like you to not be forth coming.  Once again I allow myself to get pulled into a discussion that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.  I can't wait to get on tour with the Cadets so I can shut DCP down for the summer.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I said the excuse being given was rain

”lots of rain” all over the social media accounts

its not my place to disclose employee matters of an organization I do not run

perhaps you should ask THEM 

2 hours ago, NakedEye said:

Actually, there was. A friend I attended a show with was very disturbed by the perceived treatment of women in that Boston production. She didn't even want to see it again in the theater during finals week. Whatever the intent, Cadets' staff in particular should have know better than to include anything that could remotely be considered similar to what the organization has actually dealt with. Every other connotation aside, when your corps has been in the national news for a female harassment issue that is finally starting to fade a bit, why on earth put something in your creative production that brings that topic back up again? One of many head scratching decisions in the show.

The difference here is that you can replace the woman with a man and the same message will come across: a person is trapped and struggling for their life, about to be killed. The role is gender agnostic. 

The queen in the yellow dress having her clothes ripped off is not gender agnostic. Place a man in that role and it looses all of its implied affect and meaning (no matter how you utilize the costuming).

So while 2017 Crusaders may have offended some people, ultimately, it didn't matter who was "killed"—man or woman.

Also it was just violence. Pure mythical violence. Not "realistic" (albeit simulate) sexual violence.

So... sad to say, it’s once again a mess. 

Incredibly on the nose, especially the part everyone is talking about, and no visual interest, and underprepared. I was worried by the descriptions and videos and I’m sorry to say it was justified.

Okay so here we are, looking forward to following the rest of the season with you all (seriously)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I thought Boston was ten points better than the Cadets...

As for the suggestion by a few people here that Cadets having a more “ubiquitous” theme I agree - but we have another far left director and I’m just glad we weren’t as obnoxiously lectured as Cadets did from time to time under GH

Yes the drill is a major issue - they barely have one. IMO the do better needs redone immediately in terms of staging the battery, the second tune needs more drill and less scatter, the ballad needs restated and the organ section of the ballad needs to be cut entirely - way too BD wannabe for my taste

Yes the guard is young and way behind - however that will improve a lot of the next two weeks 

music is where they have a shot of finishing ahead of last year 

visually this corps could end up in 10th/11th place

I’m expecting a 8th or 9th place finish at this juncture unless they make rapid and smart changes and improvements - that will make recruitment an even tougher challenge 

hoping for a miracle frankly - I’m shocked by the poor decision making especially the decision to bring back Bobby Jones and then part ways. It’s like hiring a terrible cook and expecting four star cuisine 

All right! No sugar coating

It’s just sad that this is the clean-sheet no-Hop design and this is what comes out. Maybe it proves that the problems went a lot deeper than the top, sadly. Troubled

The off-field issues sound BAD

Edited by FTNK
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Maybe that's a question you should ask George.  I tried to get him to disclose that information but he chose to say the Cadets were behind because of inclement weather and an undersized Fieldhouse.  That information does no one any good now.  The path is in front of us and these Cadets deserve the opportunity to compete.  I am 150% behind Scott Litzenburg and I trust this design team has what's necessary to make the adjustments. Come on Cadets!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

It's nothing you've not heard a million times.  Couldn't deliver drill in timely fashion.  

Show 1. Stop all of your Trolling and B!tching .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

Show 1. Stop all of your Trolling and B!tching .

truth hurts huh