The Cadets 2019

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Two examples:

I have a  bruise on my side from where my Cadets guard alum friend kept giving me an elbow every time she was horrified with something in the show.

A guy we didn't know, sitting next to her was quiet through the first few corps. After Cadets, he turned to us and said, "that was ROUGH!" 

So... yeah. Hopefully they can focus the idea of the show (whatever it may be) and start cleaning it.

Ok. Thank you. But are we really considering the possibility that the Cadets could finish 9th or 10th?

3 hours ago, boxingfred said:

Show 1. Stop all of your Trolling and B!tching .

Why is it when someone gives an honest and critical opinion of a show are they trolling or b!tching? To me, I'd rather have someone have the balls to say what they really think than candy-coat everything. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

How about actually adding something REAL to the conversation?  What exactly did I say that you disagree with??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Ok. Thank you. But are we really considering the possibility that the Cadets could finish 9th or 10th?

Well, we were both concerned that they might be beaten by Blue Stars last night. The main thing is it really took us by surprise. Last year's show was not amazing, but it was fine, and neither of us expected a 'baby with the bath water" approach to the design this year. Like the whole approach was so different as to be unrecognizable. 

Just now, NakedEye said:

Well, we were both concerned that they might be beaten by Blue Stars last night. The main thing is it really took us by surprise. Last year's show was not amazing, but it was fine, and neither of us expected a 'baby with the bath water" approach to the design this year. Like the whole approach was so different as to be unrecognizable. 

Thank you. Well, I look forward to seeing them. I love the uniforms and the pictures I saw of the props looks promising. The Blue Stars aren't far behind, so it is within the realm of possibility. 

8 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I never thought about it like “throwing the baby out with the bath water”.  I can see how you would think that.  But this was conceived as a show to move them towards a more innovative path again.  Within the past three weeks, they found themselves caught behind.  It’s really unpolished now, but the show is complicated.  I don’t anticipate them losing ground going forward.  

I liked their show last year.  But if they would have gone on a similar path this year, I would’ve been disappointed.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Sexual Violence anywhere is pretty tasteless!! Maybe during that time in the Cadets show it will be a good time to get up and walk out. 

I can see myself going to the concession stand if the Cadets want to continue down this path of sexually violent innuendos!

Nobody near me or that I spoke to even thought of that at the theater, nor did I. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

How about actually adding something REAL to the conversation?  What exactly did I say that you disagree with??

Nothing. You expressed an honest, critical and unbiased opinion. It seems there are a lot of people on DCP that cannot handle that. Especially if it's against a corps that love. I was like that for years and years and years. Now, Vanguard will always be my #1, and I'll always love the Cadets, Madison and Regiment, but I am more a fan of the entire activity. So, if the Cadets deserve 10th and they place 10th, then I'm ok with it. That being said, I'd much rather see them return to the top!

• Like 2

Just now, MikeD said:

Nobody near me or that I spoke to even thought of that at the theater, nor did I. 

It is definitely tone deaf and insensitve, considering the whole Hopkins sexual abuse scandal, to have a woman being chased, with her clothes being ripped off, and then killed. Again, I haven't seen it. This is just how a friend described it to me. 

• Like 4