The Cadets 2019

Moments ago I saw this show in North Canton. It has some great moments in brass but what is it. One minute they are doing a production number of Bridge Over Troubled Water and a minute later one hears the Doxology. Not to mention what was that chick doing in the yellow dress at the downbeat. Not in movement or in picture do they look like the Cadets. Something is missing. Any guesses on what it is?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Just. Be. The. Cadets.

That last sentence you typed should be their motto and their goal.  Every day.  Every year.  

Bravo!

Watching the Flo stream of DCI West and the DeMoulin ad had the complete Cadets uniform with Shako and unzipped jacket.

Apparently the show is a mess, but I absolutely love the complete uniform.  I will actually see the show tomorrow night, so holding off until then on if I agree with all the horrible comments.

I watched a video. It gets worse as it goes along. No way this beats Blue Stars. Got some 2016 vibes. Brass sounds good. 

I saw Crown four hours ago, the discrepancy in design quality is a bit embarassing. 

• Like 1

I've been reserving my opinion until I got to catch a video. Finally was able to tonight; someone finally posted the tour premier for Cadets on YouTube. 

I don't care for the show. It's a mess thematically and the pacing of it is particularly bizarre. I was really excited preseason for the Maslanka; I forgot they were using it until it popped up as the closer and I was both surprised & underwhelmed. It's too bad the design isn't there this year, because the corps seems strong and hungry! This is truly only the first year the new team has had full control over the design, and that's just flat out not nearly enough time to determine what direction they're going. Yes, this year appears to be a swing and a miss already, but I'm fine with giving the corps time to gel without GH at the helm. That was a massive (and of course much needed) change in leadership, and the pieces aren't going to come back together perfectly over night. As long as Cadets can keep retaining the talent they're clearly still drawing, they'll be fine in the long run.

I have been reading on here a lot of negative reviews of The Cadets.  I was hoping it was bias opinion or just over reaction but then I watched the video.......

Sadly l I agree with all the comments and I feel like they have been getting the benefit of doubt, score wise, right now.

There is almost no drill. Guard is shockingly bad and at times the whole production looks like a bad school play. I guess it’s only the quality of brass and drum line that might get them to hang on in there. 

Unless there are major rewrites I can see them in the 10-12th range come finals. 

I really hope Denise B is working hard in the background right now to put together a staff for 2020 that can reverse the decline.

Edited by DCI-86
update
  • Like 1

I don't have much to say about Detroit video except I was shocked :omg: and saddened :cry:. The hype does not match the result :nervous:. I do see Cadets working their butts off and think the end result will surprise the naysayers :thumbup:. Let's face it...how much worse can it get :help:.

• Like 1

before we all jump off a bridge let's see what they do over the next two weeks

part 3 badly needs drill added and I would ax the tag at the end of the ballad - then you can clean and then work on the "do better" section throughout the season

there's a little bit of "addition by subtraction" that can happen, these members are talented and can do wonders over 7 weeks

• Like 2