The Cadets 2019

Great job last night Cadets, Visual needs the work am hearing there are changes in the works, let's hope they are smart well thought out changes. Nice bump in the music captions, can't wait to see you live Friday!! Proud of these kids!

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:47 AM, Terri Schehr said:

I’ll see the Cadets live tonight if can stop raining for two nights in a row here in the Midwest.  

See you next week Terri.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCEFAN said:

Great job last night Cadets, Visual needs the work am hearing there are changes in the works, let's hope they are smart well thought out changes. Nice bump in the music captions, can't wait to see you live Friday!! Proud of these kids!

Love the positive comment.  Its' been a week now and everyone including the Cadets design team knows what's working and what's not.  All I would like is a season of not catching up because of constant visual changes.  Let's correct quickly and in good Cadet fashion clean the snot out of the show.  COLORGUARD take a deep breath--now perform your butts off and sell this show BEHOLD.  There are many fans out there who want to see the Cadets do well and I am at the top of that list.  I will be very vocal when I come on tour in Allentown.  Cadets always get pumped to perform in front of their fan base and alumni.  Go Cadets Go!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Love the positive comment.  Its' been a week now and everyone including the Cadets design team knows what's working and what's not.  All I would like is a season of not catching up because of constant visual changes.  Let's correct quickly and in good Cadet fashion clean the snot out of the show.  COLORGUARD take a deep breath--now perform your butts off and sell this show BEHOLD.  There are many fans out there who want to see the Cadets do well and I am at the top of that list.  I will be very vocal when I come on tour in Allentown.  Cadets always get pumped to perform in front of their fan base and alumni.  Go Cadets Go!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I am definitely getting tired of The Cadets having to do this. It seems like this could have been avoidable too. I really hope we don't look back at this season as "... if only they didn't have to play catch up". It doesn't matter how talented a group is, but when they are learning over a minute of a show during tour while the rest of the corps are cleaning, the odds are not in their favor.

Hopefully they can get the RIGHT fixes in enough time to compete. 

Silver lining: the fact that even with the show so incomplete they are competing where they were last year is impressive. It speaks not just to the staff but the level of performer that is still choosing The Cadets. There many corps that wouldn't be able to recover from what The Cadets have had to deal with.

Edited by East9900
  • Thanks 1

some time to clean/tweak/change....and a hometown crowd coming up...i expect the energy level to be off the charts the next few days

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, DCI-86 said:

I doubt Cadets have more talent in their guard than Blue Stars and probably Mandarins (with their Diamante connection (3rd in IW at WGI).  Guard plays such a significant part to a corps' success but so many people over look it!  Cappybara - i fixed your comment for you 🙂

Diamante for sure had one of the most powerful moving performances at WGI championships in Dayton but I think far too many people are putting too much on what the Cadets will and won't do.  I hate using this phrase but I'm going to say it anyway. . ."trust me" Cadets will establish themselves as a good drum corps before we hit Denver.  Let's face it folks this is going to be a good summer of drum corps from top to bottom.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Algernon said:

....and the Cadets fired the "new" visual designer. On to #3 !

Wow

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Algernon said:

....and the Cadets fired the "new" visual designer. On to #3 !

Good. I’d rather them have high standards than ever settle: I don’t care if they have to go thru 20 if that’s what it takes