The Cadets 2019

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I would love it if you would contribute a comment on the Cadets 2019 vs just insulting the folks contributing here. There is a pervasive moral superiority running rampant. Not you specifically but perhaps by those more closely connected to the cadets right now

just because they are not GH doesn’t make  them masters of the universe 

George, I don't know a #### thing here. I know what the Cadets media have put out, I know the one Flo video I saw, and I "know" what people on here (including you) have said.

I have opinions on what I saw on Flo. Chaddyt and I chatted a little about it. But I'm mostly waiting and watching, just like a lot of us are. I don't see too much point for me to fuss and rumormonger right now.

This is one reason I stayed away from DCP for a few years.

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Asked you to contribute on the Cadets 2019 m - get nothing but commentary on us. Sad state of affairs. 

Do you have a contribution on the topic of the Cadets?

George, we don't owe you anything.

• Thanks 2

Looking forward to the home show tonight ... pending last minute work emergency should be leaving within an hour with a stash of fresh fruit for the MM. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

George, we don't owe you anything.

Who is “we”? 

Edited by George Dixon

53 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I knew I should have thrown a smiley after that. Great, now I'm on a hit list. :8_laughing:

i dont hold grudges. if I did, Stu would be renamed Catherine Burr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

George, I don't know a #### thing here. I know what the Cadets media have put out, I know the one Flo video I saw, and I "know" what people on here (including you) have said.

I have opinions on what I saw on Flo. Chaddyt and I chatted a little about it. But I'm mostly waiting and watching, just like a lot of us are. I don't see too much point for me to fuss and rumormonger right now.

This is one reason I stayed away from DCP for a few years.

here's the thing...

Some of us may know stuff, but I don't think anyone outside of the organization right now knows every little detail, and may be keeping a lid on things to prevent online hysteria, over reacting, drama, doom and gloom....ya know, this thread every other year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rmm155 said:

Looking forward to the home show tonight ... pending last minute work emergency should be leaving within an hour with a stash of fresh fruit for the MM. 

if this weren't the first week back after vacation, i considered going down, heat be ######

I noticed something while looking at the Madison Scouts thread and their discussion of the role the leadership and BOD has on the success of an organization.  The BAC approach has was being held up as a strong example to follow in building a successful corps.  From what I've seen, the YEA board seems to be on a similar path with a clear vision and focus on getting things right.  

I think that combined with the Cadets culture of not giving up and pushing through... I have confidence that this 2019 corps just might turn things around.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

I noticed something while looking at the Madison Scouts thread and their discussion of the role the leadership and BOD has on the success of an organization.  The BAC approach has was being held up as a strong example to follow in building a successful corps.  From what I've seen, the YEA board seems to be on a similar path with a clear vision and focus on getting things right.  

I think that combined with the Cadets culture of not giving up and pushing through... I have confidence that this 2019 corps just might turn things around.

I hope, but realistically I'm hoping it will happen next year. I'm not writing this year off by any means, but I am trying to be realistic. It's hard to believe that despite all of the catch up they are having to do (not to mention lack of clarity with the show theme), that this year will be the one to turn things around. 

• Like 1