The Cadets 2019

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Congrats Cadets on another 1.5 points of improvement as well as another percussion win over a very strong Boston line - keep working!

I am tryin to figure out - how you "know" so much - wether it being truthful or not...? 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

I am tryin to figure out - how you "know" so much - wether it being truthful or not...? 

They publish the scores 

is this comment for real? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They publish the scores 

is this comment for real? 

The scores was just the quote - Look at all the comments youve made in the past... You act like you are very much in the know!!

11 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

The scores was just the quote - Look at all the comments youve made in the past... You act like you are very much in the know!!

Whatever anonymous person

other than an opinion everything I’ve posted is commonly known public info 

many of us also know a lot of insider information we do not share 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

George likes to imply that he’s some kind of Cadets insider but whoever feeds him information is almost always wrong. Or he’s just guessing. Here and on reddit. It’s kind of funny. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GlenI said:

Heading to Lawrence for my first live look tonight. Bad thunderstorms moving through should pass by showtime. Hoping for a good run and curious to see progress from the premier. 

Lets hope for clear skies!

Enjoy! Crossing my fingers for good weather!

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

George likes to imply that he’s some kind of Cadets insider but whoever feeds him information is almost always wrong. Or he’s just guessing. Here and on reddit. It’s kind of funny. 

I barely ever post on Reddit. I'm a fan & a donor - no other connection with the Cadets since 88

I guess you are still cranky about Coats 5 pointing the Cadets

They passed by the Cadets in 2014/15 and haven't really looked back since

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

I wasted some time this morning reading back through George's posts and I have to say "exitmusic", you seem to have a point. Comments about there being a plan, great words about the staff, and then no comments about Bobby Jones being fired - it is difficult to understand. George you are clearly a fan, or something more, and you have been around for a long time, but , there is something odd about all of this. Sometimes you know, and tell us all. And other times you like to keep secrets.

I sat and read on occasion  DCP for years and sometimes I actually picked up good information. But do people here think that anyone actually pays attention to what is said, except kids unfortunately? It reminds of of Sports Radio when Billy from the Bronx calls in and tells Mike Francesa who the Knicks should trade for? The Knicks are not listening but Billy sure does pretend he is the general manager. This feels much the same.

When it came to the Cadets everything I read was positive and awesome until a few days before the first show. And then George, you talked about a slow start. There was no worry expressed about anything until that moment. Well, once the show was on the field, the critics rose up and the commentary shifted. I am not sure what people think now, but, I have to say, I am more with "exitmusic" than George. The designers blew it.

I am not sure we will ever know how this went down or whose "fault" it was. In the world, we look to the top. Was the mistake with the director and the hiring of the team, or the program coordinator or the caption heads? I guess from the actions  of the corps, Bobby Jones was the fall guy. But, how the heck does someone get fired 10 days before the season? Unless he was on a bender and never came to rehearsal and wrote no drill?

None of this matters now. People will take actions. Someone is on board writing drill. And day after day we will talk about what could have been. But George, if you want to be an insider then give us the scoop. Telling us that there is a plan but not telling us the plan is not being an insider. Even Bill from the Bronx tells us  the Knicks need to sign Lebron, KD, and Curry and all will be OK 😃.  So seriously George,  what do you know? Speaking for me, we would love info. Something has to keep us sane between shows.😋

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

I wasted some time this morning reading back through George's posts and I have to say "exitmusic", you seem to have a point. Comments about there being a plan, great words about the staff, and then no comments about Bobby Jones being fired - it is difficult to understand. George you are clearly a fan, or something more, and you have been around for a long time, but , there is something odd about all of this. Sometimes you know, and tell us all. And other times you like to keep secrets.

I sat and read on occasion  DCP for years and sometimes I actually picked up good information. But do people here think that anyone actually pays attention to what is said, except kids unfortunately? It reminds of of Sports Radio when Billy from the Bronx calls in and tells Mike Francesa who the Knicks should trade for? The Knicks are not listening but Billy sure does pretend he is the general manager. This feels much the same.

When it came to the Cadets everything I read was positive and awesome until a few days before the first show. And then George, you talked about a slow start. There was no worry expressed about anything until that moment. Well, once the show was on the field, the critics rose up and the commentary shifted. I am not sure what people think now, but, I have to say, I am more with "exitmusic" than George. The designers blew it.

I am not sure we will ever know how this went down or whose "fault" it was. In the world, we look to the top. Was the mistake with the director and the hiring of the team, or the program coordinator or the caption heads? I guess from the actions  of the corps, Bobby Jones was the fall guy. But, how the heck does someone get fired 10 days before the season? Unless he was on a bender and never came to rehearsal and wrote no drill?

None of this matters now. People will take actions. Someone is on board writing drill. And day after day we will talk about what could have been. But George, if you want to be an insider then give us the scoop. Telling us that there is a plan but not telling us the plan is not being an insider. Even Bill from the Bronx tells us  the Knicks need to sign Lebron, KD, and Curry and all will be OK 😃.  So seriously George,  what do you know? Speaking for me, we would love info. Something has to keep us sane between shows.😋

Dear anonymous

if you would like to know what happened to the drill guy I would suggest you email the corps director. 

Enjoy the season,

George. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1