The Cadets 2019

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

But even you can't stop it!  Comparisons will be made, misconstrued assumptions will follow and wish list placements pronounced.     Maybe some insight can be gleaned Friday night in Lisle when some tour mixes begin.

You got your Vanguard in my Bluecoats!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

How do the west coast scores compare to those in the east and mid west in terms of real competition...I saw a Cavaliers score(recent) that suggests that the Cadets were close..is that real or just the difference in adjudication out west ?

until all are together, it's a crapshoot

• Like 2

4 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

please educate..why, when the judges are all trained to use the scoring criteria from DCI sheets, should there be a disparity ? I've been in drum corps as mm and now, a fan, but the subjective difference between coasts has always puzzled me..or from another period in time,..does the east german judge's bias come into play?

well show dynamics. when they judge out there, they are judging the corps at that show. They aren't judging the corps here. So when you get a larger show with more corps, then ranking and rating can be altered as a judge tries to get everyone in the right place.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well show dynamics. when they judge out there, they are judging the corps at that show. They aren't judging the corps here. So when you get a larger show with more corps, then ranking and rating can be altered as a judge tries to get everyone in the right place.

I believe that all we can know at this point is:

In the EAST:  Bluecoats > Boston > Cadets

In the MIDWEST: Crown > Blue Stars > Crossmen

In the West  SCV and/or Devils > Cavies  > Mandarins

The next week or so should give us some idea how these all "fit together"

Not enough information on BK for me to speculate.

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

queen looks like Dartmouths Marie Antoinette

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I don’t doubt that they have a master plan and have paced it through the tour. It’s just annoying that we have to wait for all that clarity to be added.

I hope they redo her costume when she returns mid show, she’s too hard to notice and follow. This day and age in drum corps, when everyone in the corps has to be doing SOMETHING, it can be a giant mess of a distraction from what we are supposed to be noticing. All the body movement can create such clutter. 

1 minute ago, chris ncsu said:

I don’t doubt that they have a master plan and have paced it through the tour. It’s just annoying that we have to wait for all that clarity to be added.

I hope they redo her costume when she returns mid show, she’s too hard to notice and follow. This day and age in drum corps, when everyone in the corps has to be doing SOMETHING, it can be a giant mess of a distraction from what we are supposed to be noticing. All the body movement can create such clutter. 

agreed!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

How do the west coast scores compare to those in the east and mid west in terms of real competition...I saw a Cavaliers score(recent) that suggests that the Cadets were close..is that real or just the difference in adjudication out west ?

My guess is that the east is inflated just like last year