The Cadets 2019

7 hours ago, jordsterr said:

Yup.  My friends and I have made that exact comparison.  Of course, it does make sense.

and I didn't mean it as an insult. I loved that show

At last night's show my wife and I noticed the cadets were selling BD,SCV and Cavies gear.

We were told they're in some type of "partnership" with these corps to sell each others' gear.

Anyone here know anything more ?

34 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

At last night's show my wife and I noticed the cadets were selling BD,SCV and Cavies gear.

We were told they're in some type of "partnership" with these corps to sell each others' gear.

Anyone here know anything more ?

The Cadets are using Pepwear for all merch sales (much like they have been for USBands for quite some time) and have nothing to do with the sales tents or whatever is set up at the shows. Pepwear also sells merch for those corps you mentioned as well. I don't know of any "partnership". I think the corps do it to alleviate the hassles of designing, producing and moving all that merch and associated tents, scanners, wifi sales stuff all around. Plus it frees up staff. A side benefit is that Pepwear is big...and has the horsepower to ramp up production if needed and will probably not get into backorders and sorting thru boxes in Allentown like YEA! used to do.  

Edited by kkpjm16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kkpjm16 said:

The Cadets are using Pepwear for all merch sales (much like they have been for USBands for quite some time) and have nothing to do with the sales tents or whatever is set up at the shows. Pepwear also sells merch for those corps you mentioned as well. I don't know of any "partnership". I think the corps do it to alleviate the hassles of designing, producing and moving all that merch and associated tents, scanners, wifi sales stuff all around. Plus it frees up staff. A side benefit is that Pepwear is big...and has the horsepower to ramp up production if needed and will probably not get into backorders and sorting thru boxes in Allentown like YEA! used to do.  

The partnership set up is that all 4 corps will sell each other merchs as well!

2 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Alrighty then...I learned a thing today!

3 hours ago, kkpjm16 said:

I think the corps do it to alleviate the hassles of designing, producing and moving all that merch and associated tents, scanners, wifi sales stuff all around. Plus it frees up staff. A side benefit is that Pepwear is big...and has the horsepower to ramp up production if needed and will probably not get into backorders and sorting thru boxes in Allentown like YEA! used to do.  

Also removes from the corps the growing headache of sales-tax compliance, which is viewed w/in DCI as a minefield even more extensive and dangerous than music licensing has been. Corps move quickly from state to state, each of which has its own rules and tax rates. Outsourcing cuts into the profit but eliminates the overhead, too.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

thats cool then fans all over can get stuff even if the corps doesnt hit that region

28 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Unfortunately, I didn't really see any Cadets merchandise that was very appealing.  It continues to be a weakness of theirs, in my eyes at least.

I actually thought Cadets past merch was some of the most appealing, highest quality, and largest variety. This year seems like they took a step backwards in the clothing department.

i bought one shirt in Allentown, sealed in a bag like most of them were.  The fabric is sorta cheap and rough (Gildan brand), and the screen printing is slightly askew.  It wasn’t inexpensive, either.  Also, the people at the spiciest booth looked like volunteers, to me.  They were slightly underprepared for the pre-show thunderstorm.  I felt bad for them.

i did prefer the presentation of the Cadets souvenir booth over those of the Bluecoats and BAC.